THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default The BEST feeling in the world

is coming home from work, and seeing this in the IDIOT neighbors yard. Yes, that's a FOR SALE sign!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	best.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	533155  

Old 02-27-2020, 04:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had one of those. Wasn't the least bit jealous when he told me his wife inherited $1.5 million and they were moving to Arizona.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

The Following User Says Thank You to OG68 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is he flying a Connecticut state flag.. in Indiana?

Old 02-27-2020, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I file that in the be careful what you ask for category. It can always be worse, from experience.... Hope you have better luck.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:21 PM
Senior Chief

I don't miss living in town

The Following User Says Thank You to coonhunter70 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 05:42 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonhunter70 View Post
I don't miss living in town
Neither do I! I only have one neighbor & those are my parents who built a place on land next to me 10 years ago. Woods & Farm land make up the rest of the neighborhood!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

Bills' Auto Works Est 1983 & still going strong!

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans
1957 Chieftan 2dr HT
1964 Grand Prix
1966 Catalina Conv. 421
1966 Ambassador DPL 2dr HT
1966 Ambassador Cust. 2 DR HT
1967 Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS Coupe
2007 Cad XLR-V Supercharged Roadster
Old 02-27-2020, 05:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
Is he flying a Connecticut state flag.. in Indiana?
US Navy.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
I file that in the be careful what you ask for category. It can always be worse, from experience.... Hope you have better luck.
When we moved in 31 years ago, the neighbors were great. Husband and wife, nice people, couldn't ask for better. He took a job in Minneapolis after a few years. They moved, and sold the house.
Next neighbor was a single guy, quiet, kept to himself, another decent neighbor. Don't know why he moved.
Next neighbor was a married couple, with a couple of younger children. Loud, noisy, kids always running amuck, very annoying. They needed a larger house, so they built one after about 6 years, and sold to this idiot.
This guy is a car guy, we got along for a few years. His wife doesn't say much. But he is a neat freak, uses a leaf blower on his driveway 4-5 times a week. He got into it with my wife, when a tree on his yard was dropping leaves in his yard, and ours. He was raking all the leaves into our yard, and was expecting us to take care of them, from his tree. My wife told him different, and it's been downhill from there. Walks down his driveway at midnight, slapping himself, and loudly cussing. Has a C5 Corvette he bought probably 10 years ago, that he's driven twice that I know of. Wife was raking leaves a few months ago, near the road, and he swerved at her with his truck. Just a mental case.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Be a good neighbor..

Buy a couple dozen of these, put his address on them and plaster the neighborhood with them pointing towards his house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	533168  

The Following User Says Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 06:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Buy a couple dozen of these, put his address on them and plaster the neighborhood with them pointing towards his house.
I told my wife we need to spruce up the yard. Maybe it's time to remove the 68 LeMans shell behind the garage that used to tick him off.....

Old 02-27-2020, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
I told my wife we need to spruce up the yard. Maybe it's time to remove the 68 LeMans shell behind the garage that used to tick him off.....
Why, thats modern lawn art.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would ignore the situation. You never know, if he finds out how happy you are, he may change his mind and stay. Don't count your chickens till they hatch!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to necdb3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a minor run in with an annoying neighbor a couple of years back. Was very happy to see the "for sale" sign go up about a month later! Was even happier when he ended up selling at a loss.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
The Following User Says Thank You to goatless For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I outlived the neighbor I wanted gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
When we moved in 31 years ago, the neighbors were great. Husband and wife, nice people, couldn't ask for better. He took a job in Minneapolis after a few years. They moved, and sold the house.
Next neighbor was a single guy, quiet, kept to himself, another decent neighbor. Don't know why he moved.
Next neighbor was a married couple, with a couple of younger children. Loud, noisy, kids always running amuck, very annoying. They needed a larger house, so they built one after about 6 years, and sold to this idiot.
This guy is a car guy, we got along for a few years. His wife doesn't say much. But he is a neat freak, uses a leaf blower on his driveway 4-5 times a week. He got into it with my wife, when a tree on his yard was dropping leaves in his yard, and ours. He was raking all the leaves into our yard, and was expecting us to take care of them, from his tree. My wife told him different, and it's been downhill from there. Walks down his driveway at midnight, slapping himself, and loudly cussing. Has a C5 Corvette he bought probably 10 years ago, that he's driven twice that I know of. Wife was raking leaves a few months ago, near the road, and he swerved at her with his truck. Just a mental case.
What a jerk!

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 02-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Senior Chief

Good u have your wish, lots of neighbours just have constant wars. life’s too short for that crap. There’s always one or 2 whack jobs in a neighbourhood. My theory is get along have beer and help out on occasion if needed..
I figure if build a friendly repore than they will tolerate my loud car and friends loud cars....I’m lucky for now..
If someone is a total a&$@!*. Then game on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Torquewar For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Yeah! Put on the sign, “Ask for Dick!!!”

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 02-27-2020, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When we moved here there were 3 lots left in the subdivision and two of them were nowhere near our house and the 3rd was right next door but was somewhat undesirable because of its pitch. About 3 years ago I decided I wanted to buy it to build a shop on. I found out who owned it and got in touch with him. He agreed to sell the 1.4( lot to me for 8000. I was gonna buy it but this is a private subdivision with a private road etc and there were two covenants. One which is permanent is you can never have farm animals. The other which expires in eight years is that none of the lots can have anything built on them like a garage without having without at least a 1600 square foot house on it. We passed on buying the lot and the jack hole owner promised he would give us first dibs again. Well they’ve cleared it but a septic tank in and now have a for sale sign on it. I can only hope the pitch of the lot will scare people off

Old 02-28-2020, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know the feeling. I had idiots next to, behind, and next to other side. They ALL sold and have good people in now, who love homes. What a difference. Have one 2 houses down we are waiting on. Young people. Do not weed, mow, clean up, or anything. Kind of creepy, they hide behind forever drawn curtains. Curtains are starting to fall down, not sure what happens then.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had problems with one neighbor over the years. During a prolonged summer drought, I stopped mowing my yard to keep from killing the surviving grass. A nearby (as in a block away) neighbor stopped me, then said 'It wouldn't hurt you to mow you grass!'. I informed him it wouldn't hurt him to mind his own damn business. When it began to rain again(mid September), it wasn't me out reseeding his lawn...

Dr. Thomas Sowell