Old 07-04-2020, 06:36 PM

Default Early production 65 Lemans core support bushings.

The car was delivered Oct. 1st 1964 so I'm sure it's early production 65. I bought a new rubber body mount kit (body bushings are correct) with core support bushings included but the core support bushings clearly don't fit or look like the old ones. The NEW ones are too short and would allow the radiator support bracket to lay against the frame, plus the rubber step is smaller than the hole in the support bracket by 1/4" (1/8" both sides). The OLD ones look identical to the body mounts. The door gaps have been too tight down low on the front fenders to the body, so if I put shorter bushings in that would become worse. It's a factory AC car with HD cooling and a 4 core radiator. I don't know if what I removed are the true originals or if they were properly installed.

I THINK the bushing with the steel insert down goes atop the frame and the rubber step into the core support bracket, and then the rubber with the steel washer goes atop, with a proper length bolt/washer from underneath through everything to the top nut/washer.

I'd sure like some guidance on all this. I've HEARD some 64's take a "square" mount, but not sure. AND, I've seen some pictures of "64-67 A body" core support mounts that look similar to what I removed, but only an NOS set on E-bay.

Please help if you have experience with this issue. Tomorrow I'm going to install all the body mounts then later finish the front to try to cure the fender gap problem.