Old 09-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Best cat-back exhaust system for single cat 89

Been looking for a good cat-back system for my 89 TTA. From what I can tell so far, it appears the TTA utilized a standard 305/350 system from the cat back with the 2 bolt flange up front with the exception being the TTA tips at the back. I can reuse my tips and attach to a new system or get new tips that look similar (more likely) so I can put away the OEM system in the attic.

Magnaflow and a few others have oversized polished tailpipes which aren't ideal to adapt my TTA tips. The Hooker kit looks like the best option and coincidently is the cheapest. It's "aluminized" but these cars don't go outside if there's a raindrop nor in winter so my other "Aluminzed" systems have lasted indefinitely.

However, PYPES doesn't seem to support these 3rd gen cars at all based on their website findings. What are you folks with 3rd gen cars running and what fits well, has high quality and sounds great?

Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used to love the SLP Two on the Left. That can be replicated with a Magnaflow muffler.