Old 10-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Senior Chief

Default 64 Lemans rear leaning body/spring?...

Advise on how to best correct the lean that seems to plague all these 64 Lemans bodies..i have new springs put in yrs ago..stock....but it leans to the left side by full 1.25"....am i better to use those metal spring separators or best to unbolt rear spring and put in the available metal spacer?? been bugging me for yrs....thanks...

Old 11-06-2019, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had the dreaded lean in my 64 too but I always blamed it on an optical illusion from the slanted driveway. Finally came out of fantasy land and used spring spacers and leveled it out

Old 11-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Senior Chief

Your front springs play a large roll in a cars lean. Jack up the opposite corner and see.

Old 11-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Senior Chief

My 64 leaned, did a lot of searching on the dreaded lean. Seamed like everything could be replaced and adjusted, then re-adjusted, and there was no guarantee the lean would be fixed. My car came with air shocks, I ended up buying a airline kit so I could run separate lines to each shock. Then adjust the air pressure to level out the car. Cheep and easy fix, may not be the right or best way but it worked for me.