Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Safe cracking.

My lovely wife lost the combination to our tall gun safe. Is there a way to crack it with out destroying it?
Sadly the serial number and receipt were in the same file thrown out.

Dick's sporting goods safe. Combination, non electronic.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

See if Dicks might have your serial number or it might be on the outside of the safe somewhere.Then you have to find out who made it.I lost the combo for my ?Remington safe,was PITA but finally got it.Tom

Old 12-26-2019, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Check with your local bonded locksmith.

Old 12-26-2019, 07:36 PM

My local safe seller has an electronic device that physically attempts every combination possible and is successful 98% of the time. Sometimes takes 2-3 days. Check with a local safe seller and maybe they can help. Otherwise a locksmith is your best choice.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It is a Remington safe. I will try. Thanks guys.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:50 PM
Senior Chief

My uncle passed away and his safe was locked. His wife had to get a police report (to show his death and it was not stolen) and the serial number off it. She called the mfg and they gave her the code to open it.

Old 12-28-2019, 09:56 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
See if Dicks might have your serial number or it might be on the outside of the safe somewhere.Then you have to find out who made it.I lost the combo for my ?Remington safe,was PITA but finally got it.Tom

Take a couple of pictures of the safe and post them here. Perhaps someone might recognize the model number or can tell you where to find it. If you get the model number you could do an internet search using it and may find pictures of where the serial number is located. It’s a long shot but you never know what you’ll find. Also with the model number you could try calling the manufacturer and they might tell you where to find the serial number for that model. Try and remember when (month/year) you bought it as that may help them narrow down the search. Another long shot would be checking eBay and Craigslist to see who may be selling one like yours. They may have pictures of their model number and it’s location. Good luck.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

First thing you do with a safe is memorize the combo.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱