Old 01-07-2020, 06:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Tim66
Default body panels

Hi everyone,I have a 69 GTO and I need qtrs. trunk pan, deck pan,Now my question is, What is or are the best fitting out there? I screwed up thinking I was getting new qtrs. so I cut the old ones off,but when they came,guess what,they were wrong.You see, I have a conv. and they only make qtrs. for HT not conv. any ideas plz,would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.
Tim

Old 01-07-2020, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope you saved the upper sections of your original convert quarters. With those, will need to have a pair of repro full 1/4's cut down & professionally metal worked into the tops of original quarters. This can also be done with tops of donor quarters that were rusty around the wheel houses & down low. Have supplied parts for several '68 & 69 GTO converts that were smacked so hard in the rear & original 1/4 upper sections & repo full 1/4'a both had to be sourced.

Old 01-08-2020, 01:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

As for trunk pans, if you're doing the quarters I would go with the one piece. I got one from Tamraz for my '68 and I was very pleased with it. The '69 floor differs slightly in the tail light area and therefore used to require using some of your original metal in that area but according to this link, they now have a '69 specific product. I did not find it...
https://tamrazs.com/collections/gto-...-x800-5468-new

Old 01-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default body panels

Thanks ol and Greg,I kind of figured that with the qtrs and sounds good for the trunk floor.Thanks guys,
Tim

Old 01-09-2020, 12:10 AM
Senior Chief

I just finished my 68 convert last year. I used skins but cut them below the concave body line. I hope you have the upper area as those are not reproduced.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default body panels

Thats my problem,the tops of the qtrs were pretty bad.I'll have to do a bit of work,alot of welding.Thanks.
Tim