Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Default Big Scams

Look out guys there are a few scams going around on the 70-72 Trans Am you will get Pic of a dam nice car, Prices are to good to pass up A total Rip off

Old 03-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I posted in the 70-73 firebird section hoping to get input on a 70 ta deal. Guess what...This is my reply after playing around with this guy and found out what he wanted..

Someone asked about why he didn't send any pictures:
My reply:
He doesn't have pictures of his 70 he sent me pictures of his 77. I am thinking this is a scammer trying to get me to send money and then see the car. He says he needs to make a deadline and I couldn't get to him in time. Unless I sent him money. What a joke. New it was to good to be true? If you put wanted ads out and get this phone number 225-436-0291 name is Jim he is a fraud. BEWARE

Old 03-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Saw one recently of a red 73 455/4spd TA for $8,400. Member here swapped e-mails, car was supposed to be in Las Vegas, seller was in Florida. Scam.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 AM

I had an offer after car went off E Bay 1970 that looks better than new for 9000.oo with shipping any place in the US.Thay evev had a fake E bay car protection form for a dep sent to me .He had pic of the Car at his home in the Mountins .So I looked up his home town online and found out he lives in the flatlands,,
One more I found out that the 1970 TA I bought was again for sale by someone in another state all together BUT had nothing to do with the owner that I bought the car from Some how this did get back to him so he was able to stop the sale but not before a depsit was sent ,

Old 03-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70&71 TRANSAM OWNER View Post
I had an offer after car went off E Bay 1970 that looks better than new for 9000.oo with shipping any place in the US.Thay evev had a fake E bay car protection form for a dep sent to me .He had pic of the Car at his home in the Mountins .So I looked up his home town online and found out he lives in the flatlands,,
One more I found out that the 1970 TA I bought was again for sale by someone in another state all together BUT had nothing to do with the owner that I bought the car from Some how this did get back to him so he was able to stop the sale but not before a depsit was sent ,
Another word of advice. Try to not send the deposit after you've won a car on ebay. Tell the owner you'll pay in full when you see the car.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just responded to this craiglist ad yesterday for a 1999 TA listed (in theory) by someone in my local area: http://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/1647220987.html

Quote:
MUST SELL 1999 Pontiac Firebird TRANS AM - $3900
THIS 1999 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. ONLY 18,500 MILES WITH 1 OWNER AND GARAGE KEPT. THIS VEHICLE IS NOT DRIVEN IN THE RAIN OR SNOW. LEATHER, T-TOPS, METALLIC BLUE. DRIVERS POWER WINDOW MAY NEED NEW MOTOR SOON. FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Sounded to good to be true, but I figured I'd check it out.

This is the email response I got:

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in buying my car. Let me tell you a few words about the car. My 1999 Pontiac Firebird TRANS AM with 18,500 miles is still available, it's in good condition .With much regret I`m selling my car because me and my husband are buying a house and we need more money for our dream home. This car is excellent in every way, has no accidents reports,with no need for additional repairs, no scratches ,clear title. The price of $3,900.00 includes the shipping costs and insurance, so you wont have to pay any extra charges. The car is already at the shipping company in Elgin, IL. sealed and ready for the shipping. Also about payment and shipping we will use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program so we can both be protected. I just need your full name, full shipping address and phone # so I can open a case (with no further obligation or fees). I will provide you also an inspection period of 5 days so you can decide if you will buy the car or not. Here is how it will work:

1. First of all I will need the following details from you:

2. Full Name, shipping address and phone #.

3. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.

4. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment. After you receive the invoice from eBay and decide if you want to continue the transaction and also want to make the payment you will have to let me know and I will start the shipping process and forward you all the details that you need to track your shipment online.

5. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed.

1999 Pontiac Fireb ird TRANS AM
Mileage: 18,500 miles
Engine: 8 Cylinder 5.7 Liter
Transmission: Automatic
Fuel type: Gasoline
Title: Clear
Condition: Used
So, $3900.00 also covers the shipping and insurance for an 18,500 mile TA???

I don't think I'm going to be sending her my personal info for some reason...

Old 03-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sad thing is there are some out there stupid enough to fall for that

Old 03-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They'd be more believable if they weren't so detailed.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think you should email them back and tell them your brother lives right in that shipping town and is willing to drive it to your house.

That way he could just hand them the cash and save them the shipping cost.

See what kind of response you get.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:31 PM

Thats just what im doing now Im jerking this guy around like you read about. He wanted 2500 cash only deposit mailed to his fake e bAY sight,I try ed to go get the car in person but he has to fly in and out of town to have a Dr look at his ears,So cant meet me, Told him I felt bad so Ill send the total in cash 9000.00 to him.Then all he has to do is send a truck to his house to pickup the car,Well the dam mail is just so slow

Old 03-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL, he has to fly somewhere to have a Dr look at his ears? I guess the ear popping in the airplane won't hurt them any worse? lol...

Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70&71 TRANSAM OWNER View Post
Thats just what im doing now Im jerking this guy around like you read about. He wanted 2500 cash only deposit mailed to his fake e bAY sight,I try ed to go get the car in person but he has to fly in and out of town to have a Dr look at his ears,So cant meet me, Told him I felt bad so Ill send the total in cash 9000.00 to him.Then all he has to do is send a truck to his house to pickup the car,Well the dam mail is just so slow
That is what this guy was doing to me. The car was in Shreveport, La. , he was in Orange ,TX at a hospital for his wife's mother and he lives near Baton Rouge. He had a deadline for a land deal he was trying to make. He needed $2500.00 to close the deal but, he needed it by noon Tuesday or he was going to lose his deposit and the land. He kept telling me he had someone to buy both cars (70 and 77 Ta's 400 4 spd cars) for 3500.00 but he didn't want to sell to him at that price because he was just in a jam for the land deal. He would rather sell me the 70 for 3500.00 and sell the other one later.
He even called on my cell phone twice and gave this great story about the car and what it had in it. He was just waiting for me to tell him I would put the 2500.00 for deposit on the car and get it the next day. It finally ended when I wouldn't offer any money and told him to sell me the car or I had another in line. Haven't heard from him since..
Go figure........

Old 03-18-2010, 12:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to 79TAKid

I think that same TA was for sale here in STL for 3900

79 Formula 301/4-speed 11k miles
79 Trans Am 403/auto gold on gold WS6
Old 03-18-2010, 02:52 PM

Like I said earlyer Iv been playing with this guy,I told him it would be easyer for me to send him most of the money about 3 times his deposit up front insted of the deposit then paying the rest when the car shows up he was asking for.As soon as I let him know it was in the mail I never herd back to him.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
I just responded to this craiglist ad yesterday for a 1999 TA listed (in theory) by someone in my local area: http://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/1647220987.html

Sounded to good to be true, but I figured I'd check it out.

This is the email response I got:

So, $3900.00 also covers the shipping and insurance for an 18,500 mile TA???

I don't think I'm going to be sending her my personal info for some reason...
NO WAY! I saw the same AD but I'm way down here in Frederick, MD, it was too good to be true so I e-mailed him and got the same response, too bad, I was hoping to buy it for my father lol.