Old 11-04-2012, 10:37 PM

Default Help need alternator pulley and sprint air cleaner

Hello fellow cammers I am in need of the double pulley for the alternator on my 67' if anyone has an extra that I could purchase from them please let me know and I am also in need of the snorkel for the sprint air cleaner I have an air cleaner that is in fairly good shape except where some numb-rod butchered the snorkel so if someone happens to have an air cleaner that is damaged or rusted but has a good snorkel that they would part with I would be much appreciative just let me know a price and an address
thanks
H.O.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Let me check my spare Alternators, do you have the double groove Altinator Pulley? I only ask as most do not know that the spacing between the 2 V-belts is slightly narrower on the 66 & 67 Cars. And the 2 groove Alternator pulleys are different between 66/67 and 68/69 cars.
I should have at least 1 extra 66/67 pulley. Also check the spacing on your Water Pump pully if not original. 66/67 are the same, 68 and 69 are 1 year only pulleys.

If you missmatch pulleys you can throw belts at higher RPM's. I found this out the hard way when I bolted up a 67 Altinator to a 69 Engine, the Altinator belt would flip over or come off over 5000 RPM.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM

Default pulleys

Hello Jeff thanx for the reply sorry for the confusion as I didn't explain very well my cammer is actually in a 67' Tempest Custom that has had a V8 (originally a OHC) in it since the early 80's and I have purchased most of an original Sprint parts car that was being parted out so that I could put the OHC back in my car but the parts car was missing some stuff such as the double groove alt and the air cleaner was butchered so at this point I am real close to getting it all back together ---- so long story short I need the double groove alt pulley for a 66'-67' and if you do indeed have one just let me know how to get the money to you
thank you again
H.O.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If Jeff does not have it, I probably do. I have a box full of old GM pulleys. If you have the dimensions I will look, or I may post some pics if anyone else is in need. If you have a pulley number, that would also help. I have 2 small buildings full of old alternator starter and generators and parts. All makes and models some foreign and American. I will be selling at least one of the buildings and will need to move it all or sell it. I would rather sell it than move it. A scrap man offered me 5K to clean it all out so that may give you an idea how much I have. If anyone is interested in a specific alternator starter or things like fans and pulleys, or other parts, let me know what numbers you need. Mark

Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM

Default alt pulley

Thanx Mark I do not have any dimensions or part #'s for the pulley .. I was really hoping that one of the OHC faithful would be able to help me get another cammer back to life so if anyone does have the double alternator pulley for a 67 OHC and is interested in selling it please let me know
thank you
H.O.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I looked this up the other day and right now I can't remember the exact number. I know it started with 1961??? I think it was 038. I can look it up again tomorrow. and I am certain I have at least one. This is as stated in a post by camerjeff the one with the slightly narrower spacing between the grooves. It would be wonderfull if anyone is certain of the correct number would chime in. I will try to post a pic of the pulley along side of the one with the larger distance between grooves to clarify what camerjeff posted.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerjeff View Post
Let me check my spare Alternators, do you have the double groove Altinator Pulley? I only ask as most do not know that the spacing between the 2 V-belts is slightly narrower on the 66 & 67 Cars. And the 2 groove Alternator pulleys are different between 66/67 and 68/69 cars.
I should have at least 1 extra 66/67 pulley. Also check the spacing on your Water Pump pully if not original. 66/67 are the same, 68 and 69 are 1 year only pulleys.

If you missmatch pulleys you can throw belts at higher RPM's. I found this out the hard way when I bolted up a 67 Altinator to a 69 Engine, the Altinator belt would flip over or come off over 5000 RPM.
The right side pulley is 68-69 style and the left is 66-67 style. Right pulley is OE delco I think the Left is a replacement pulley, but has the right belt alignment for the 66-67. It may be OE, but I am not sure. look at the side view to see the difference in belt alignment. Notice the difference of the area between the pulley grooves as one on the right is wider there. Overall height is also slightly different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	double pulley 001.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	302786   Click image for larger version

Name:	double pulley 002.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	302787   Click image for larger version

Name:	double pulley 003.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	302788  

Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the one that steller has will work for you, go for it, so far I have found 3 68/68 double pulleys, but no 66/67 Pulleys.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
Old 11-12-2012, 06:49 PM

Default pulley

Ok Jeff thanks for looking though --- Ok Stellar are you willing to part with that 66/67 pulley if you are I would VERY much appreciate it ... just let me know where to and how to send the payment and I will get that to you asap
thank you
H.O.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you want it, it is yours. I will PM you with price. I was going to look for more today, but my 10 year old grandson which I am raising caught his finger in his bicycle sprocket and chain. It popped like a grape and the sprocket tooth went thru his fingernail and split the bone in the end of his finger. I spent most of the day in the hospital. I will be looking for a doc for him tomorrow. He is a real trooper. I wish I could handle half as much pain as he does. PM on the way

Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 PM

Default pulley

PM received and returned thank you
WOW I hope the little guy is gonna be OK that doesn't sound like any fun at all !!!!!!