THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2020, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default What I Did to Have a Beer and a Pizza Yesterday

I used to live in Menomonie, WI (1983 - 2004). Ted's Pizza in Menomonie is one of our favorite pizza places in the country (I've live in MN, MO, MA, CA, TX, Germany, VA, WI and now back in MN).

In MN, we can't go out and for a meal and a beverage (tomorrow we'll be able to - IF said establishment has a patio).

I live 10 miles from IA and 70 miles to WI - both of which have restaurants open for dining.

So my wife and I, after 11 weeks and 4 days, decided that a 200 mile round trip was worth it to sit down and have a pizza and a beer.

That's a Mama Mia with a Spotted Cow tap beer and a Totally Naked bottled beer.

It was worth the trip.

Maybe some time in later in June the powers that be will deem that we can go out for a dine in meal in MN again.

On our drive to Menomonie, there is a little town just across the border on the Mississippi River called Nelson. Nelson has a population of about 350 people.

There is a bar and restaurant on the main drag called Jack's BBQ. There must have been 50 motorcycles and cars parked nearby - mostly with MN plates. The pent up demand to act "normal" is real here in MN...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ted's Pizza 12650 (002).jpg
Views:	831
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	541435