Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:54 PM

How do i post it.....and what portion do you want to see.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfiretop
How do i post it.....and what portion do you want to see.
The easiest way is to take a picture of it with a digital camera (make the PHS fill as much frame as possible), load the picture onto your computer, and then attach the picture to your next post in this thread using the "Manage Attachments" button below the post as you are typing. Or you can email the picture of the PHS to one of the members and they can attach it in a post. You can send it to me at dxeven@hotmail.com if you want.

Dave

Old 08-17-2006, 10:39 AM

What part of the PHS do you'al what to see....I have alot of paper work for this car. Can I scan it instead of taking pictures? Let me know and I will do the best I can to show you what I have. Thanks

Old 08-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Senior Chief

Scanning is fine. I'm sure most would like to see any/all documents you have. The PHS sheet like below would be a good start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0001.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	62363  

Old 08-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

dxeven, I am anxious to see all the info from redfiretop, like everyone else, but before he gets back to us, what car does the PHS sheet come from in your last post? it says its from Bill Beck Pontiac on Independence blvd in Charlotte,NC not far from here

Old 08-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks to be a nicely optioned '69 GTO.

Mike

Old 08-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx
Looks to be a nicely optioned '69 GTO.

Mike
LOL

Old 08-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen smith
dxeven, I am anxious to see all the info from redfiretop, like everyone else, but before he gets back to us, what car does the PHS sheet come from in your last post? it says its from Bill Beck Pontiac on Independence blvd in Charlotte,NC not far from here
It's the '69 in my avatar. Just recently repainted with '69 Burgandy (car was Imron burgandyish when I bought it), the wife didn't want to go back to the Vedoro Green.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:06 PM

ok guys....it says my bytes exceed the forum limits.....what now? Im really trying here.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:10 PM

This really bytes !!!!!! This will take me all dang day to scan all those papers....I will try doing something different.....if i have to i will take a pic of a few of the papers.....theres no way i will do all these papers.....ok.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

send me the pictures and i'll make it so that you can post them on here

misanthropicism@gmail.com

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 08-17-2006, 09:44 PM

ok.....I took a pic of two of the papers....and I tryed to upload those and it would not work....so i will go to my neighbors and try it over there and if that dont work....I will send them to you via e-mail....thank you for the offer....RED

Old 08-17-2006, 09:58 PM

I hope this works

Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone see anything that would make it any different than any other SJ car? The ONLY thing that I see that could be a clue is that at the bottom of the left hand column it reads 'OPTIONAL LOC' with no pricing. Does anyone else have it on the bottom of their build sheet? Could it mean it was shipped to an 'Optional Location'? I sure don't know.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Senior Chief

What is the color code? Looks like OO to me, or am I seeing things. Thought she said it gold.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:10 PM

man you guys are on it......sorry about the blur pics....hope you can tell me more....thanks all

Old 08-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I find the special one of cars very intriguing, so I’ve really been waiting and paying attention to this thread. But now that I see the documents - I don’t see anything special?

Have seen the Optional Loc show up on a number of sheets. Believe it means the car was shipped to a different location then the dealer address. Nothing very unique.

Redfire – now I just have to ask:
You talked to someone that stated 1 of 6 and even broke it down to the specific build number. But they did not tell you why it was one of six?? Nor did you ask??

I just can’t see that, I’d be asking a million questions if I was told that

Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 PM

I understand what you are saying brians....I am just stating the facts as I get them. Belive me...I have been asking questions....you would not belive the different numbers i have been giving by GM....So far everyone I have talked to there has said it is a special order car.....I just sent them a registor letter today that they asked me to send....I promise to let you all know what comes back from them. I honestly dont think they are pulling my leg just for the simple reason that more than 1 person there told me that it was a special order car. Im not sure if you can see the orgininal built sheet but in the upper left cornor is the #3. Thanks again

Old 08-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Red do you have any idea what makes this car special?

Old 08-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The buildsheet holds no evidence that the car is anything other than a '69 SJ model GrandPrix. Hate to say it, but Jim Mattison & PHS know a whole lot more about how many were made, than anyone who could pick up the phone at GM.

XXX Customer Order XXX often shows up on the 8 1/2 x 11 version of buildsheet used on Fremont, Arlington, Atlanta, Norwood, & VanNuys built cars. Have not seen it on the Pontiac plant version of the buildsheet, but it not being on such a Pontiac plant buildsheet would not make it none the less a customer ordered car.

Option wise, the vast majority of '69-72 SJ's had a/c, all tinted glass, deluxe belts, mats, tilt, remote mirror, AM-FM stereo, & often a power driver's bucket seat. Most '69 SJ's had 3.23 4pinion Safe-T-track, but the rear was not the HD Safe-T-Track with N housing & HD axles. All of these goodies plus the 4 bolt 428's is what have made rusty roachy '69 examples such good partscars Up till a few years ago, many folks outside of Pontiac circles did not know what a homerun such rusty SJ's could be.

In the housing racks, I currently have four 3.23 Safe-T-Track coded housings out of '69 GP's. Of these housings there are two different gray iron casting numbers. Very odd considering both versions used sealed axle bearing axles.

Going back through this thread, have to agree with Poncho Mike, the oddest thing about redfiretops '69 is the tanks mounted on the firewall & next to the battery. They are not oem superlift shock pieces. Would really be interesting to find out what they are hooked up to, & who installed them.

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 08-17-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Closed Thread