Old 04-18-2017, 03:34 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Default **NEW PRODUCT!!** 1969 Pontiac V8 4” (SHORT) hub water pumps

Now available from Ames Performance Engineering: 1969 Pontiac V8 4” (SHORT) hub water pumps. These transitional water pumps were used on early production 1969 models only. Each pump is manufactured with OEM markings and large vein cast iron impellers like originals. Cast impellers are imperative for optimal cooling-unlike stamped steel impellers, cast iron parts eliminate unwanted deflection and eliminate the potential for cavitation in the timing cover body.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N140NW.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	452414  

Old 04-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice! That will help the guys with older Pontiacs running 8 bolt water pumps that want to switch to the 69 timing cover, and have the 11 bolt short neck pump they need.

I'd like to request a new product. Where can that be done?

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:31 PM

That's great. Thanks for making these available!
In the picture, it appears to have a casting date of "H168". Do they all have this date?
Regards,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMES-TECH View Post
Now available from Ames Performance Engineering: 1969 Pontiac V8 4” (SHORT) hub water pumps. These transitional water pumps were used on early production 1969 models only. Each pump is manufactured with OEM markings and large vein cast iron impellers like originals. Cast impellers are imperative for optimal cooling-unlike stamped steel impellers, cast iron parts eliminate unwanted deflection and eliminate the potential for cavitation in the timing cover body.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Posting in the products you would like to see reproduced thread on this forum is a good idea and you can always call us and speak with a tech, And yes all of the pumps will have the same date code.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Awesome! I have an early 69 with the short pump. Really messed with my head when I was trying to get pulleys aligned (and failing) from a long pump.

-J