THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck View Post
How does all this work for the third person? The third person being the vehicle subsequently hit by the Pontiac after the Pontiac was shunted from the rear.

Does US law state that the third person claims on the Pontiac insurance which in turn then claims on the F150 insurer?

Basically, that's how it works here. The onus is then applied to the Pontiac owner to prove that the third person was hit as a result of the F150 pushing the Pontiac into the third person.

Talking only about vehicle damage here. Not personal injury to any party.

In Calif if the Pontiac was at a complete stop-NOT moving-when hit then the 3rd party goes after the 1st car. If the Pontiac was moving when hit and then hit the 3rd party, then the 3rd party goes after the Pontiac and the Pontiac must recoup from the 1st car for both damages

Old 08-26-2019, 09:24 PM
Senior Chief

Michigan is a no fault state. So I believe that each persons own insurance covers their own vehicle. They have an insurance "tort" that you can sue them for $1000. My son lost his car to this bs. Moving from Ohio and only having coverage still from here. Someone pulled into an outbound driveway hit him head on and totaled his car. Didn't get anything from the other drivers insurance.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw this on facebook recently;
I cringed;
I still cringe at it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're ok, but that looked like a really cool car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Meyer View Post
... It does seem that the guys in the giant 4WD pickups think they own the road. Big truck to make up for a small package.
This bears repeating;
Typical truck drivers these days are getting bad;
and this is the running joke in our house every time a jacked up truck drives by.... lol

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 08-27-2019, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I asked the question as it interested me. About 4½ years back I was in fairly heavy traffic, 3 lanes all doing about 40MPH. I was in the middle lane. Woman 2 cars in front slammed on her brakes because her GPS told her she had PASSED the restaurant she was going to. Car behind ran into the back of her. I pulled up easy and was hunting for a break to pull out and go round them. Car behind then hit me, pushed me into the car in front of me. Man I was pissed. Looked in the rear view mirror to see him cut and run.

I had 3 witnesses, NONE of whom grabbed his number plate. My car wasn't going anywhere soon. Wound up that me being the last car that was identifiable, I copped the bill. I had to claim on my insurance for the damage to my car, the car in front of me claimed off my insurance but fortunately one of the witnesses was able to say the first car caused the accident sequence so my insurance did not have to wear the bill for the first car.

Still cost me over A$1000 in basic excess though. I'm still grumbling about it

Ian

Old 09-10-2019, 06:07 PM

Ha do you know if this guy needs parts, I just saw this listed, Kind of rare,
https://allentown.craigslist.org/pts...975760379.html https://lancaster.craigslist.org/pts...975720577.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00e0e_aDyTRw4Nj6c_600x450.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	519882   Click image for larger version

Name:	00X0X_dIUez53kXpx_600x450.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	519883  

Old 09-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Testa View Post
Ha do you know if this guy needs parts, I just saw this listed, Kind of rare,
The car is already long gone to Copart, it wasn't saveable.