THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ya Have to be Able to Laugh at Yourself - Even if Everyone Else Already Does

This getting old crap has it's ups and downs. Had the prostrate removed about 3 months ago and now getting back to normal and I almost forgot how to laugh at myself.

Awhile back I went to clean my glasses with one of those wrapped tissues. Grabbed one off the kitchen counter and opened it up and started cleaning the glasses and thought "this is a little big for a pair of glasses" and after I thought I had them cleaned, they were oily. Yup, checked the package and it was a rectal wipe.

Don't tell me I'm the only one who's done it, right?

Old 09-03-2019, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BINGO !

Your the first, Congratulations Bob.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I do NOT want to know what is now clean & sparkly!!

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
Old 09-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Senior Chief

Just a thought but shouldn't ya keep the rectal wipes in the bathroom not the kitchen?

God knows where I'm goin' to, but me... I don't care."
Old 09-03-2019, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats Bob. I guess that Charmin commercial with the little bear waggin his butt got to you. No clean hiney eh? Just clean glasses.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB VIDAN View Post
This getting old crap has it's ups and downs. Had the prostrate removed about 3 months ago and now getting back to normal and I almost forgot how to laugh at myself.

Awhile back I went to clean my glasses with one of those wrapped tissues. Grabbed one off the kitchen counter and opened it up and started cleaning the glasses and thought "this is a little big for a pair of glasses" and after I thought I had them cleaned, they were oily. Yup, checked the package and it was a rectal wipe.

I heard Joe Biden did the same thing last week...………..

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 09-04-2019, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardk View Post
Just a thought but shouldn't ya keep the rectal wipes in the bathroom not the kitchen?
And, what is in the bathroom? LOL

Old 09-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
And, what is in the bathroom? LOL
The towel to dry the dishes.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

At least you didn't do it the other way around. Cleaning your b*tt with an eyeglass wipe could get messy.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

could always play that one off as ...
the glasses were getting pretty shetty anyway

rock on big Bob

Old 09-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That reminds me of the doctor who reached behind his ear for his pen, and grabbed his rectal thermometer, and said.............."some a$#h*le has my pen"

Old 09-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swXeGG8v-ws

Old people problems.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 09-11-2019, 11:30 AM

Well, since you didnt have your glasses on, maybe you were in the bathroom ? Good thing is , you can reuse the wipe for intended purposes.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I never tried to clean my glasses with rectal wipes.

I do have an old fart story that involves glasses. I'm 62 now, and never wore glasses until I was in my late 40s and found I needed reading glasses. As I got older, I found I needed glasses more and more, but I refused to buy bifocals. Anyway, I went to Home Depot to buy some 2x4 studs for something I was working on. I wanted straight pieces, but as I sighted down the stud every one I picked up seemed to be warped.

After going through maybe a dozen or more, I happened to pick one up and re-check it because it looked straight when it was lying flat. That's when I noticed the knothole was on the top surface, but when I looked at that stud the first time it was on the bottom. It looked warped, so I flipped it 180 degrees. The other side appeared to be warped as well, then I realized my glasses were distoring the shape.

I took my glasses off, and even with my vision a little blurry I was able to pick out some straight wood.

Mike

Old 09-26-2019, 12:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Hotrodfarmboy
Default Hi Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB VIDAN View Post

Having known you for 50 years and having the honor of being your best friend I can only say that it doesn't surprise me that you don't know your butthole from your own face!

Old 09-26-2019, 01:31 PM

Tony....you sure got a good nights sleep ! Feeling chipper today...ehhh? We can only hope that Bob finds his glasses this am and can read.this.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hotrodfarmboy, you're the only person ever to get evicted from Amboy, so there. John, I can do a better job of trimming my tree than you did and I only have a pocket knife.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John, Bob got the innuendo on the suds last night but please remember I don't have the square or cubic feet you possess to absorb that stuff.