THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default What are the best Boots to wear on concrete floors to protect your back?

Wondering what brand and style boots members wear that cushions your step on concrete floors?

I have been wearing one brand for years and now it seems their quality has gone down and even their strings unravel. They do not last as long either. Having problem now after wearing almost a year.

Going to see if they do anything or not.

Tell me what Boots you like to wear on concrete floors.

May be making a change.

Thanks for any input!

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Custom fit orthodics in any boot will help your back

Old 07-10-2018, 06:21 PM

I've worn Redwings for at least 30 years, always liked the supersole at least for me they are comfortable, and last at least a year in a fairly rough environment.of concrete,asphalt and gravel.

( I walk a bit crooked and after a year they are worn to the side a bit)

I had a pair resoled once and they weren't too comfortable

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...nch-boot-brown

I buy a pair every fall
I still have some back issues, but think it's from the job

Old 07-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Senior Chief

Look into Blundstone 162 their steel toe line... very light, no break in period .Easy to put on, they feel like slippers.And they wear like nails!

Old 07-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Redwings

Using them last 20 years. Will look at boodstonrbjust to compare and try something new.

1968 Firebird 400, 068 cam, TH400 & 13" Continental Converter, Auburn posi with 3:08 factory gears, Cliff's Q-jet resting on a 68 factory iron intake, DUI HEI and Ram Air pans and RARE Long Branch Manifolds
Old 07-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiacman are you wearing merrells now?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i love redwings and keens for safety shoes, there is a difference. I had a really comfy pair of knaaps too i think . Its kind of like helmets, whats your head worth or what is your future back/foot health worth?

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 07-10-2018, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

wolverine durashocks

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wear the Blundstones all of the time. It seems whatever I wear, my feet hurt after a while. But they’ve been consistently the best for me. I’ve been on my feet my whole career. The Red Wings are good but expensive. I used to wear Doc Martins and they were the best. Until one day they started making them in China and that was the end of that.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Best thing I ever did was to switch boots at lunch. Man it made all the difference in the world.
After a while I went to two different brands that I liked.The change up in feel worked wonders.

Murf

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Senior Chief

I used to wear Timberlines and Wolverines, but this past year I switched to Merrells. I wear them all day at work and home in the garage, so pretty much 12 hours a day, great boots.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If you can find a place that sells millitary surpluss, Wellco is an extremely durable and comfortable boot. I don't work on concrete but I do a lot of hiking up and down granite ledges. The pair I'm currently wearing are going on three years old. They were called 'Air Force' boots, with a thick padded sole. They are pale green with a rough nap finish. I've had similar success with an Army desert boot (also Wellco).
I purchased them at Ocean States Job Lots, and they get in shipments once a year. Mostly odd sizes though, so you have to catch em when they first come in.

I use quality store bought orthodics to help keep my heals from getting sore.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Composite Red Wing King Toe with an sole insert is comfy for me but they won't pass through a metal detector. I then went with Carolina and they were comfy but hot. When I first saw Merrell was making safety boots I had to try a pair. As soon as I put my foot in one I know that was the boot for me. Unfortunately, after 6 months, they are already starting to wear, I'm not very hard on boots either. I liked Timberland Pro series for a few years but I tried on all the different ones my local boot store has(about 10) and they all felt terrible.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Been on concrete for ovah 42 years....and nothing but REDWING Boots with the Redwing kicked up insoles ...keeps my legs from getting sore. Been 30 years in Redwing boots...that’s my .02 cents...take it or leave it...And I get a new pair every 12 months,even if they look good,I toss them.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Preston, I used to wear a low rise work shoe that was made by New Balance. It was just like wearing athletic shoes. They’re sold under the brand name Dunham. I always bought two pairs and rotated them daily.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 07-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Footwear is a BIG DEAL.

Wellco, Merril, Redwing..i got to look into those because they sound good.

I like Iron Age. Great support.

I cannot stand for a long time. Yet i can walk around or "be up" and moving for a good long time.

I respond to a lot of heel, to be able to stand.

Low heel is a death march.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 PM

I work in a auto restoration shop where both owners have severe back problems and they swear by Sketcher HOLDREDGE ST work sneakers. They got relief from their back pain and very comfortable to wear. They talked me into getting a pair and I have been wearing mine for 7 months now. What a difference from wearing work boots working on concrete all day. I got mine at Kohls for $75 or close to it.

This is pulled from their website:

Rugged sporty style and comfort combine in the SKECHERS Work: Holdredge ST shoe. Leather, synthetic and mesh fabric upper in a lace up sporty casual steel toe work sneaker with Slip Resistant outsole. Memory Foam cushioned insole.

Details:
Steel Toe rated ASTM F2412/2413-2011 I/75 C/75 protection
Electrical Hazard (EH) Safe design
EH Safe rated ASTM 2412-2011
Slip Resistant outsole is oil resistant
Sole tested ASTM F1677-05 Mark II to meet or exceed a .5 coefficient even on wet and oily surfaces

Construction:
Lightly textured leather upper
Durable synthetic overlays at toe, heel and sides
Mesh fabric panels on toe, collar and sides for cooling effect
Lace up sporty casual comfort steel toe work sneaker oxford design
Stitching accents
Layered side overlays for added stability
Side S logo
Lace up front
Padded collar and tongue
Soft fabric shoe lining
Memory Foam cushioned comfort insole
Shock absorbing midsole
1 1/4 inch heel
Durable rubber slip resistant traction outsole

Old 07-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ooo I like those. Too bad I couldn't wear them on my job sites. Most companies here have a 9" boot height policy and of course the puncture resistant plate in the sole. Still, I'd like to grab a pair just to have them. I didn't know that Merrell made work boots. I'll have to check those out. Good thread.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I got a pair of Timberline Pro steel toe boots one time. They were decent once I got them broken in. I would have bought another pair after they wore out but I'd moved and couldn't find any. I don't think they would stand up to the punishment nearly as long as the Wellco do though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud;
I cannot stand for a long time. Yet i can walk around or "be up" and moving for a good long time.
Same here. I can't sit for terribly long either if my lower back has been down in the dumps.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 461 Bird View Post
I work in a auto restoration shop where both owners have severe back problems and they swear by Sketcher HOLDREDGE ST work sneakers. They got relief from their back pain and very comfortable to wear. They talked me into getting a pair and I have been wearing mine for 7 months now. What a difference from wearing work boots working on concrete all day. I got mine at Kohls for $75 or close to it.

This is pulled from their website:

Rugged sporty style and comfort combine in the SKECHERS Work: Holdredge ST shoe. Leather, synthetic and mesh fabric upper in a lace up sporty casual steel toe work sneaker with Slip Resistant outsole. Memory Foam cushioned insole.

Details:
Steel Toe rated ASTM F2412/2413-2011 I/75 C/75 protection
Electrical Hazard (EH) Safe design
EH Safe rated ASTM 2412-2011
Slip Resistant outsole is oil resistant
Sole tested ASTM F1677-05 Mark II to meet or exceed a .5 coefficient even on wet and oily surfaces

Construction:
Lightly textured leather upper
Durable synthetic overlays at toe, heel and sides
Mesh fabric panels on toe, collar and sides for cooling effect
Lace up sporty casual comfort steel toe work sneaker oxford design
Stitching accents
Layered side overlays for added stability
Side S logo
Lace up front
Padded collar and tongue
Soft fabric shoe lining
Memory Foam cushioned comfort insole
Shock absorbing midsole
1 1/4 inch heel
Durable rubber slip resistant traction outsole
Do you put a higher work boot on when welding ?