THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
Mecum is the biggest screw with a smile. I know this first hand and lets leave it at that. Probably the best is Russo and Steele. Good people, treat you well and you don't have to look over your shoulder.
Mecum has always treated me very, very well. From check in until the time I settled up they were always super accommodating. Everyone went out of their way to help me and I'm just a guppy in the ocean.

How has Mecum treated YOU badly? How many cars have you bought and sold through them?

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 09-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was a bidder at Kissemmee this January. We bought a '67 GTO and a '68 GTO. Everyone employed at Mecum treated us very well. Both sellers provided after-sale information and documentation beyond what we expected.

Reliable Carriers did a super job of hauling the cars from Florida to Wisconsin.

It's an auction! Anyone is free to attend, bid--or not. There were some super bargains--nice cars that cost mush more to restore than the hammered price. There were also some that went much higher than any of us would bid. I missed a nice 21,000 mile '96 Buick Roadmaster wagon that was like a new car. Hammer price was $18,000, which was above my limit, but in line with what these cars are going for in this condition.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 09-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
They had a real nice looking 70 GTO RamAir IV 4spd , Burgundy with Black interior.
? with factory AC ?
Said it had PHS and Buildsheet - 1 of 627 , so evidently it was a real Ram IV car.

Went for $42,350
Maybe it didn't have an IV engine anymore ?
Anyone know the car's story ?
Was from a "doubletrouble" collection
Looks like a good buy for someone. That Burgundy is sharp. Air looks factory; stated they have the PHS but it was not posted

Another 1970 GTO Ram Air IV didn't sell at a 67 k.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0919-38...to-ram-air-iv/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70 Ram Air IV Mecum Sept 2019.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	520189   Click image for larger version

Name:	1970 Ram Air IV Mecum Sept 2019.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	520190