THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:06 AM

Exclamation Take a moment

Of silence for all the lost souls, their families, as well as the responders it’s 9:03AM, and 18 years later on 9-11 I remember where I was, and how my heart sank hearing the news on the radio. God bless them all........

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 09-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That day I was traveling from South Point Ohio to see my daughter in Meadville PA, listening to the radio as the events unfolded. It was unnerving as the reports came in, first the word was that an airliner hit the twin towers, it was thought to be an accident at first. Then all the other events, it was an attack right here on US soil.

God Bless all the brave souls that lost their life that day 18 years ago.

Hopefully no one in the USA will ever witness another day like that one. Over 3000 people died, and not one was shot.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 09-11-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:20 PM

It is still hard to watch on TV to this day.
America showed it's true colors that day, Americans helping Americans

Old 09-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Suspended

I just heard on the news that 40% of the WTC dead are still unidentified.

Sad

Old 09-11-2019, 02:08 PM

I was in the Wal Mart this morning, and they had a 30 second moment of silence. I also heard on the news, I forget how many first responders that were there and made it out, are now suffering from serious illnesses, or have died. this is like a horror movie that never ends.......

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 09-11-2019, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
I just heard on the news that 40% of the WTC dead are still unidentified.

Sad
It is sad...God knows their where about's, identities...
It was a terrible thing. Our country came together, with the same vital interests of loving and caring for one another. We still do, but get distracted by stuff...

Did you know there were ONLY 5 survivors pulled from the rubble of the twin towers???

Google, Genelle Guzman. Her story will inspire you, make your day!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 09-11-2019, 09:10 PM

I was at 9.11 I was a responder for my company. Con Ed NYC (electric gas & steam service). I also was a safety rep for my union. We went in with respirators on and the government told us we had to take them off. That the air was safe. We wouldn't have any of that. I wouldn't let my guys go in without them on. The company which I was surprised stuck with us on this issue. We ended coming to an agreement to fit test all the first reponders that when in. I saw and did things I will never forget. I really don't like to talk to much about it. I work 7 days a week 12 to 14 hour shifts pulling cars & trucks from the rubble. RIP all my friends
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	911 Con Ed.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	519959  

Old 09-12-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Testa View Post
I was at 9.11 I was a responder for my company. Con Ed NYC (electric gas & steam service). I also was a safety rep for my union. We went in with respirators on and the government told us we had to take them off. That the air was safe. We wouldn't have any of that. I wouldn't let my guys go in without them on. The company which I was surprised stuck with us on this issue. We ended coming to an agreement to fit test all the first reponders that when in. I saw and did things I will never forget. I really don't like to talk to much about it. I work 7 days a week 12 to 14 hour shifts pulling cars & trucks from the rubble. RIP all my friends

We watched it all over again, all 4 crashes last night on TV. I can’t even imagine what you saw and experienced that day, but moving ahead think about how much you did for many many others that day.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 09-12-2019, 08:46 AM

I also cannot believe how few posted in this thread.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 09-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Last evening I heard a remembrance of 9/11 on a radio talk show. It was a collection of police and fire radio calls, 911 calls from people in the towers, air traffic control communication with AA 77, news coverage, some music and more. It brought back the horror of that day. Never forget.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:33 AM

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess after 18 years people forget or refuse to think about it. Same goes with open boarders those who can come in and hurt us as a country without even a background check..

Old 09-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Senior Chief

Pivotal moment in history. I hope this type of thing never happens again . Thanks for your service and the extremely harsh conditions u and the brotherhood faced. I attended our ceremony yesterday . I’m full time FF 28 yrs, I watch and remember every year....

Old 09-12-2019, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Same goes with open boarders those who can come in and hurt us as a country without even a background check.
Not for sure, but most that flew the planes were here legally with visas?

911 was indeed a very sad day here.
Hard to believe it's been 18 years now.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Because 18 years is soooo long ago people forgot all about it as they are obsessed with date codes and smart phones.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
Because 18 years is soooo long ago people forgot all about it as they are obsessed with date codes and smart phones.

Really? How can anyone forget about that?? And there are a lot of First responders on this board and Vetrans that remember wars, 9/11 was a historic tragic event here.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 09-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Senior Chief

For the past 18 years I believed it was Islamic extremist that was responsible for the thousands of deaths. I now find out I was wrong. The airplanes magically crashed themselves into the towers.

New York Times Blames 'Airplanes' For Attack On Twin Towers On 9/11

Sandy Malone
by
Sandy Malone
1 day
-edited

The New York Times said airplanes took down the Twin Towers and never mentioned the Muslim Extremists.

New York, NY – The New York Times was under fire Wednesday morning after they published a story and a tweet that said airplanes were responsible for taking down the Twin Towers.

As millions mourned and remembered the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 on the tragedy’s 18th anniversary, The New York Times took the opportunity to re-characterize the events of that day in a politically correct and factually inaccurate manner.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
For the past 18 years I believed it was Islamic extremist that was responsible for the thousands of deaths. I now find out I was wrong. The airplanes magically crashed themselves into the towers.

New York Times Blames 'Airplanes' For Attack On Twin Towers On 9/11

Sandy Malone
by
Sandy Malone
1 day
-edited

The New York Times said airplanes took down the Twin Towers and never mentioned the Muslim Extremists.

New York, NY – The New York Times was under fire Wednesday morning after they published a story and a tweet that said airplanes were responsible for taking down the Twin Towers.

As millions mourned and remembered the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 on the tragedy’s 18th anniversary, The New York Times took the opportunity to re-characterize the events of that day in a politically correct and factually inaccurate manner.
No surprises, there. This kind of trash gets published every day about ALL kinds of things. They want you to believe every line of BS generated by their perverted points of view. Our youngsters believe nearly everything they hear, most don't have much of a relationship with their parents, and never have.

It takes very little thinking to see the direction many of the stupid factions want to take our country, right into the toilet, so they can gloat and tell you, "they told you so".
I could go on and tell the underlying factors, but have said enough.....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 09-12-2019, 06:40 PM
Suspended

Well, it could be worse.

There are some conspiracy theorists that believe our government few those planes into those building to start a war against Muslims

Old 09-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Just because people didn't post a response on an automotive discussion board doesn't mean they weren't thinking about what happened 18 years ago.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Posted in other post. My father was a veteran fireman. He would go to NY for weekend vacation. Got to know some of the fireman from the one house that lost almost all. He had pics of the trucks from NY dept,and some of the men. It was and still is hard to take. We pray and our flag flies.