Old 02-11-2020, 08:42 PM

Default 1965 tempest rear seat options/interchange

I have been searching for awhile now for a rear seat for my 65 tempest. Can find everything but heck I even found a 65 convertible rear seat for a 65. As I'm sure you all know it's to narrow. so my question is can I use any other seat from 1964-70 Chevelle's ect? I have a line on some 70 Chevelle and or Monte rear seats. Can I make them fit at least better than the convertible seat?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Old 02-11-2020, 08:59 PM
Suspended

Let's start with, where are you located? I know '64 - '67 all GM "A" body non-convertible seat frames will work. Beyond '67 I am not sure. I have half of the rear seat out of a '64. Actually, the cover is a real nice black original. I just can't remember if its the back or the bottom.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chief of the 60's For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 10:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have the bottom seat you could have, came out of a 65 sedan so the corners are rounded off (the coupe versions are square at the front). You can have it for free, I just want it out of here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rich-Tripower For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2020, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
Let's start with, where are you located? I know '64 - '67 all GM "A" body non-convertible seat frames will work. Beyond '67 I am not sure. I have half of the rear seat out of a '64. Actually, the cover is a real nice black original. I just can't remember if its the back or the bottom.
I am located in Cincinnati Ohio. I usually search through Facebook....well I only search through Facebook. I can't quite afford the eBay prices of a seat that I'm going to have to either live with or reupholster. 400 plus however much to reupholster... thousand bucks easy I'm sure....I still have to buy the rest of the interior and Hurst shifter...well you guys know.
Seriously that'd be great where are you located? But otherwise if I amunable to get yours I should look for any a body 64-67? Thanks I was about to try my luck and would have failed with that 70s rear seat l. Woulda been another 100 lost to some seats.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Tripower View Post
I have the bottom seat you could have, came out of a 65 sedan so the corners are rounded off (the coupe versions are square at the front). You can have it for free, I just want it out of here.
Tell me about it I had that rear convertible seat for ages. And they take up so much space but yet you can't throw it away not neglect it. It like having a nice sofa you don't want in your garage lol.
Hey square or round I'll get to put my kids butts in the first vintage car they have ever been in so I'm sure they won't complain... neither would I for that matter.
I don't care what color it is but I have to ask? Black?
Where are you located? If either of you are to far maybe I could see about shipping?

Old 02-12-2020, 06:10 AM

I have to say this is why I love this community I ask for information and get offers for free seats....
I gave a 389 to a guy a while back for his build because his gto got caught on fire some how. Anyways he called and needs the eccentric and what not and I told him he could come back and get whatever he needs and I may have some other stuff for him he could have to help out..
point is do to others as you would yourself and good will come to those who are good to others. Shame all of the internet isn't as friendly or as welcoming as the PY Forum. Lol try talking to the 4x4 forever community and see if you get such welcome

Old 02-12-2020, 09:42 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanSteveMcqueen View Post
I am located in Cincinnati Ohio. I usually search through Facebook....well I only search through Facebook. I can't quite afford the eBay prices of a seat that I'm going to have to either live with or reupholster. 400 plus however much to reupholster... thousand bucks easy I'm sure....I still have to buy the rest of the interior and Hurst shifter...well you guys know.
Seriously that'd be great where are you located? But otherwise if I amunable to get yours I should look for any a body 64-67? Thanks I was about to try my luck and would have failed with that 70s rear seat l. Woulda been another 100 lost to some seats.
I am in WNY and have had people drive up from Erie, PA and Ohio for parts. I cannot picture where about Cinci is but I've been to Columbus, Cleveland and of course Norwalk.

My point is that the cost of shipping could cost as much or more than the cost of the seat itself. That is why its good for people to know if you are within driving distance. I can tell you that I am a tad over 3 hours from Norwalk. If you want to kill a full day PM me or perhaps you can find something closer which would be what I would do.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chief of the 60's For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2020, 10:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm in Nebraska, near Lincoln. Seat is blue cloth and vinyl, cover is pretty shot. All you could get out of it would be the frame and maybe some of the padding. I think I forgot to mention, it is out of a 65 Chevelle 4-door sedan. It would fit though.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:32 PM
Senior Chief

i have a 65 GS post .i know the coupe the post and vert all have differnt lengh back seats .you could rech out to legendary the part numbers are different

BOB SLUSSER
937-286-4343
Old 02-12-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970gpsj4speed View Post
i have a 65 GS post .i know the coupe the post and vert all have differnt lengh back seats .you could rech out to legendary the part numbers are different
Truthfully if anything is wider than a convertible seat I'd be happy with it.