Old 12-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Default SNOWMOBILE

...here is the snowmobile I bought...unloading it this morning after 10" of snow on top of the 24" we already had. Ram Air IV motor did NOT like -1F temps. she is sleeping soundly now in her new (warm) garage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snowmobile.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	526409  

Old 12-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pure torture leaving California to relocate in Wisconsin this time of year.
It might have emotional and trust issues for a while.

Good luck with the new arrival !

Old 12-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What's the detail on the Snow White Judge?

Old 12-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some info in this thread:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=836179

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Poor Baby..she's got to be freaking out. Hope you got a few extra pictures in the snow while she was out. I had pulled both of my brewsters out in the snow one day due to doing some garage work. Got some pretty cool pictures. Congrats on getting her home safe and sound.

Last edited by Brewster; 12-11-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Your Polar White Judge was given a true Polar welcome to Wisconsin.
Conrats on the new purchase!

Old 12-11-2019, 10:47 AM

Default Judge details

The car was ordered by an employee (Armando) of Yoder Pontiac in McAllen TX. Armando started working at Yoder when he was 17 and retired from the same dealership. He received the car at the dealership on June 17th, 1970. I have the original Yoder warranty statement and a few other original docs that show he owned the car well into the 80s...maybe longer. Armando passed away at 80 years old in 2011. The owners son claims the car was his pride and joy and was the talk of the neighborhood where they lived in south Texas. Price tag in 1970 was $4969.

The car is very nice and appears to have been subjected to a high end restoration in the early 2000s. The car looks great but has some minute chips on the nose that can be seen if you look hard enough. I bought the car from a high end speculator that lives in the SF, CA area who owned the car since 2016. Its believed that he had the green/yellow Judge stripes applied. He put 43 miles on the car between August 2016 and December 2019.

According to the Judge Registry http://www.judgeregistry.com/index.html 72 XP code Judges were built in 1970...and if this car is truly an original WT7 car it could be one of a handful of that option produced. I'm working with the family now to determine if there are any photos or additional documents from back in the day to verify the WT7 option. I am in no hurry to rip this car apart looking for a build sheet so, for now, I will move ahead with the stripe package as if the car is a true WT7 car.

The car still shows well but has the usual burnt exhaust manifolds and head ports.

Here are some of the yummy details on the car...

- PHS documented Ram Air IV Judge built in Arlington the first week of June 1970.
- Polar White
- Options include M40 Hydro Trans CODE PD, PS, PDB, Formula wheel, white letter tires, 390 posi, hood tach, radio, rally gauges, tinted glass all around and handing pkg springs & shocks. The car has a black wing as well but unconfirmed if its a true WT7 car.

Car currently has 67K miles and wearing incorrect side mirrors, incorrect GREEN Judge stripes and aftermarket 15" Rally IIs. The car has also received a period correct AM/FM and tilt wheel column. All else seems correct including date coded side and rear glass. Windshield is a newer LOF piece

The engine? in speaking with Armando's son he states that the engine blew in 72 or 73 and was replaced at the dealer. The car now has a WT (1970 manual GTO block) but retains the 614 Ram Air IV heads, round port exhaust manifolds, aluminum intake with crossover, 7040270 carb, 111201 distributor and other correct pieces under the hood. It sounds as if the cam may be a bit more extreme than the original 041 unit.

Changes to the car will take place this spring when I will install yellow/red/black stripes and decals, chin spoiler, chrome side mirrors and JT code rallys with wide oval repro tires.

thanks for all the well wishes on the car and stay tuned for updates

Carl

Old 12-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That sounds great!

On the other side of the cheddar curtain is my 70 Judge. We need to get them together sometime soon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NshejD80nbQ

Old 12-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We need to get a ride together and hit some cool Wisco spots this spring. Im sure Jeff and some others would like that too. I'll start reviewing options to submit to you local guys under a new thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brewster For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 09:38 AM

Default 70 Judge

Mike

Great looking car!!!

I used to live in Illinois until 1999 and then moved to San Diego to take a new job. I lived near Lemont in the south suburbs and used to cruise my 69 Ram Air IV car to Duke's drive in on south Harlem Ave where the guys there would swarm over the car. When I moved to so California I used to cruise Grand Avenue in Escondido where all the hot cars would gather on Friday nights. Funny that the same car barely got any looks in California...but when I would cruise my 63 Jeep Wagoneer I couldn't get people away from it. A completely different culture there that favors VW bugs, lowriders and customs.

Its good to be back in the Midwest where folks really appreciate the Detroit muscle cars!

Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
That sounds great!

On the other side of the cheddar curtain is my 70 Judge. We need to get them together sometime soon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NshejD80nbQ

The Following User Says Thank You to CarlBraun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The best way to acclimate your Judge with it's new environment is to fire it up and rip some doughnuts in the snow!

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 12-12-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
We need to get a ride together and hit some cool Wisco spots this spring. Im sure Jeff and some others would like that too. I'll start reviewing options to submit to you local guys under a new thread.
Interested!

Old 12-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPA68 View Post
Interested!
Yes, I'm interested. Chuck at the Little Star Garage in Manitowish says there are a few GTO guys rolling around the Northwoods. Looking forward to an early spring, hot Wisconsin chicks in Bikinis and cruising the GTOs.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Can an old mopar come too! Lol

Old 12-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hell yes! I'll start a new thread once winter seems like its nearing its end. You too Napa68 since I know there is allot of nice roads up nort.