Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 01-07-2020, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hulu Live

Anyone else using Hulu Live for their TV watching? Pros, Cons, etc.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-07-2020, 11:42 PM
Senior Chief

Just switched over to Hulu live last week from Direct TV. So far it isn't s bad, but can be a little clunky at times with using the TV guide and setting up recordings. But I am saving 50% over direct TV so I will live with it for now.

I am running Hulu live through both a smart TV and Roku box on a non-smart TV. I like the Roku box better as it has a faster processor and is nicer to control.

I mostly watch car shows so I also subscribed to the Motortrend channel and really like that...it has a to more content than you ever get with the standard Motortrend channel on the TV.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We got it several months ago. Our package is in the $45 range. Not bad, but clunky as described. Slightly slow in responding as in it may scroll past where you intended to stop because the amount of times you “clicked” will catch up even when you have stopped scrolling. And there is a good five second delay from live tv. I knew the outcome of the last OSU game ten seconds before the end because I saw it posted on Facebook.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've noticed mine a little clunky like that too. But this afternoon it would play for 2 or 3 minutes and then freeze. I went back to the guide and choose it again and then it would play again for a few minutes and freeze up again. After doing this about a dozen times I just gave up.

Anyone have any experience with multiple devices running it on the same account at the same time?

Old 01-22-2020, 06:45 PM
Senior Chief

Post Not so "smart" TV

What are you using to stream Jerry? We found our "smart" TV's aren't as smart as you think. Bought a Roku stick for both TV's and doing much better. Still have the occasional lock-up/glitch that is fixed with a 10 second reboot (turn off 10 seconds then on). Less than 1/2 that of Directv and way more to see with live.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have Bell Satellite (Canadian service) and have taken 2 TVs off of the receivers needed for function and use 2 FiresticksI bought off Amazon.....
and love it so far...
I’m looking at changing my Satellite package to the basic $25 package from my middle choice package of$96...so saving $71 a month.....
I need to do a little more checking before changing ....

1973 Firebird Navajo Orange w/shaker,1973 400/461,1972 Intake SD CNC'd,1977 Q-Jet 800 CFM w/ Cliffs Kit,Tanks Inc PA4 255 Walbro intank pump ,-8an feed/return,RobbMc Regulator,RobbMc 40 micron filter,253 CFM 6x-8's w/H.S 1:5 Roller Rockers,SD Stump Puller H/R Cam 230/236 @.050 112 lobe separation 565/.570 lift,Crower Solid Rollers,28150 Hedman Headers,3" exhaust,full tailpipes,350 Turbo,9.5" 3200 Converter,3:42 gear,8.5 posi,C/E slide-alinks,Koni adj frt shocks,Best 12.18@110.55 Lookin for 11's

Last edited by cnc; 01-22-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpFreak View Post
What are you using to stream Jerry? We found our "smart" TV's aren't as smart as you think. Bought a Roku stick for both TV's and doing much better. Still have the occasional lock-up/glitch that is fixed with a 10 second reboot (turn off 10 seconds then on). Less than 1/2 that of Directv and way more to see with live.
Using Amazon Fire Sticks on dumb TV's.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We use youtube TV. It is far superior to any other streaming service in my opinion. Good price (accounts can be shared with others), good channel line-ups, DVR and available on all devices. I think its $50/month and well worth it.

1968 Lemans. 37,000 original miles. GTO clone. 462ci/KRE 290 heads. UltraDyne 280/288 Solid/850 Qjet by Cliff/Performer RPM/TSP 9.5" in TH400/8.5" 3.42 gears/3950# Race weight/12.58@106 at Bandimere speedway high altitude
Old 01-30-2020, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lemans462 View Post
We use youtube TV. It is far superior to any other streaming service in my opinion. Good price (accounts can be shared with others), good channel line-ups, DVR and available on all devices. I think its $50/month and well worth it.
For some reason Hulu was the only service with ALL the channels I wanted.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We switched to Hulu about 4 months ago. Started out very inexpensive, a $50.00 savings a month from the cable source we were using, (Spectrum) But just last month, they announced a $30.00 price increase per month for the same programming. That's a huge increase out of nowhere. So we are now shopping again.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I get Hulu for free with my Spotify Premium which is only $9.99 a month. Can’t live without my Spotify as music is an important part of my life. TV? Can live without it. Watch mainly Amazon Prime. My smart TV works fine with both but I also have a gig speed fiber optic internet connection.

BTW, I dropped Comcast six months ago and saved $100./month! Internet only now.