Old 09-05-2019, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I took the worst of the two fenders which had no rust but was gonna need some hammer and dolly work in the eyebrow region and a small dent pulled out of where the 326 emblem goes. It was coated with rustoleum so I am glad I am not the one stripping it, anyway Joe a Classic Pontiac Rescue is doing the work and he told me today that the work would come in at or below his estimate so things are off to a good start. When this fender is done and in primer then I will take the passenger side which only needs a little TLC and the antennae hole welded up. It’s exciting to see things happening but it’s nerve wracking to pull the debit card out of the wallet every five minutes LOL.

Old 10-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sent off all the chrome for the tail panel except the tail light surrounds to be chromed today. They are aluminum but I want no maintenance so I am having them chromed. 312 dollars to do 6 tiny pieces of molding but they have done excellent work so far so I guess I will stick with them. Engine is fully dressed and ready to go in when the trans gets paid off. Hopefully I will get enough in taxes to do that and get the carpet in the bedroom my wife wants. If not I am sure she will win out.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I am doing my body work one piece at a time. Joe from Classic Pontiac Rescue called and said my drivers side fender was as good as he could get it off the car and to bring him the other fender. He said the dent near the eyebrow would need to be pulled out while it was anchored to the car but I would have thought with it off the car you could get to it with some hammer and dolly work but I’m not a bodyman so whatever. He turns out beautiful work so I trust him. I’m taking him the passenger fender now which only needs the antennae hole welded up. Baby steps but still plugging along.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I got my first bit of body work back. 400 to straighten out two good size dents one in the eyebrow crease and to prime it. I took my other fender and dropped it off. It needs nothing but to be stripped and to have the antennae hole welded up. I’m am doing the hood next then the trunk lid the doors. I am swapping pieces one by one cause it’s gonna take me a while to save up for the body shell and I don’t want to take up space in his shop. I am balancing body work and chrome on my checkbook so it will be slow going. For those of you following the build this is what’s going on. Will get the transmission off layaway at tax time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FD55E3B6-3072-4690-885D-0BDB957E145A.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	524303  

Old 01-05-2020, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well it’s been a while so I figured I would update. I installed an ididit steering column Friday and thank god that went smoothly cause I had had them be real bears in my chevrolets. I have had the rear tail stainless chromed as well as the moldings around the quarter windows and doors. I finally got some valve covers that fit although they are not what I want I will use them for now. I want the finned aluminum ones from Edelbrock but to get the holes drilled in the right place is not a task for just any old machine shop and they want 75 extra dollars to drill the holes. I want the finned valve covers because I bought an NOS Cal Customs air cleaner that is finned. I have both front fenders primed and straightened. Next I’m gonna take him the hood and once it’s complete and paid for I will take him my two trunk lids and let him use them to make one good one. I guess I will take him my doors but I am gonna rebuild my hinges with a kit I got from Inline tube. I hope to pay my transmission off at tax time or at least a large portion. Found an exhaust shop in Atlanta that has a mandrel bender so I guess I will tow it down there and have the exhaust made.. the instructions that I saw on YouTube said that instead of cutting a huge hole in the floor to cut it down the middle and treat it like open heart surgery. Then you can just close the wound I guess you would call it and cut out small pieces only where it doesn’t clear. I was initially gonna farm out the install to the people that the trans company has a contract with. am getting a shift porch in the kit so once I know shifter location I can weld it down. Slowly chipping away at what I hope will be the nicest Tempest in America LOL I don’t know why I’m so excited because a Prius will probably be able to outrun me cause I am predicting no traction
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84843448-766F-47F7-B7D7-8AB34C814E36.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	528278  

Last edited by 64speed; 01-05-2020 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did you see the 64 Tempest that Dave Kindig built? pretty nice., except for the LS power.

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
Bill Nye.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedRamAirII View Post
Did you see the 64 Tempest that Dave Kindig built? pretty nice., except for the LS power.
No I missed that one. I’d like to see it

Old 01-08-2020, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Motortrend TV, Bitchin Rides. SEASON 6, EPISODE 6, is the first. It goes over several episodes.

Bill Nye.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I finally got my steering column in and the shaft hooked up, 18 inches was exactly what I needed and summit had one exactly in that length. Now I have to decide what I want to do about a steering wheel. Have mine recast or buy an aftermarket steering wheel. I am leaning towards the stock one.. Got all the parts to my engine setup and ready to go in. I do not like the Edelbrock chrome valve covers but I just couldnt find a cheap enough set. I want to get the edelbrock ribbed and have holes drilled in them for PCV and a breather but thats just not in the budget right now. I am trying to pay for a tranny, send in chrome pieces to be rechromed and pay the body man who is doing it one panel at a time. I am going the pickup the passenger fender this week and pick up the hood. My bodyman says it would be cheaper to buy a GTO hood than it would be to repair mine but I dont want to do that because I dont want it to look like a clone. I want it to appear stock with some wheels on it to the naked eye, that is until I open the hood. Well thats whats going on now. Work progresses slowly but at least its progressing.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
Well I finally got my steering column in and the shaft hooked up, 18 inches was exactly what I needed and summit had one exactly in that length. Now I have to decide what I want to do about a steering wheel. Have mine recast or buy an aftermarket steering wheel. I am leaning towards the stock one.. Got all the parts to my engine setup and ready to go in. I do not like the Edelbrock chrome valve covers but I just couldnt find a cheap enough set. I want to get the edelbrock ribbed and have holes drilled in them for PCV and a breather but thats just not in the budget right now. I am trying to pay for a tranny, send in chrome pieces to be rechromed and pay the body man who is doing it one panel at a time. I am going the pickup the passenger fender this week and pick up the hood. My bodyman says it would be cheaper to buy a GTO hood than it would be to repair mine but I dont want to do that because I dont want it to look like a clone. I want it to appear stock with some wheels on it to the naked eye, that is until I open the hood. Well thats whats going on now. Work progresses slowly but at least its progressing.

"No replacement for displacement!"

GTOAA--https://www.gtoaa.org/
Old 02-15-2020, 01:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You know you’re in trouble. when you gas tank with it’s pwn rollover valve. It only responsibility.mounts in one plas but it has one entrance and no outlet kind. What ami I missle,

Old 02-15-2020, 01:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It looks like the valve just clamps the frame rail and there is a single outlet/ closed due to the one in and out

Old 02-15-2020, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had taken my nighttime meds and was half asleep when I typed last night. I got a rollover valve with my tank and I am not sure how to mount it. Does anyone have any ideas? It only has one in and no out

Old 02-15-2020, 09:27 AM
Senior Chief

A roll over valve is basically just a tank vent right? From a google search the ones I see only have 1 opening.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah but I can’t figure it out it has a valve I can turn it over and I hear it close but it only has one entrance

Old 02-15-2020, 11:19 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Yeah but I can’t figure it out it has a valve I can turn it over and I hear it close but it only has one entrance

What model do you have? All the ones I see only have one port.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Blow through it. Right side up and upside down.

Rollover valve is a tank vent that closes when you park the car on it's roof. And then it stops gas from leaking out.

Clay

Old 02-16-2020, 10:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well got the passenger side fender picked up and took him my hood. He said he could repair the slight rust holes in the leading edge of the hood cheaper than a replacement GTO hood which I didn’t want unless I had too. I heard AMD was discontinuing the A body fenders for 64 and 65. I bought the very first set ever sold and AMD did the installation. I guess god has a plan cause I was able to do that right off the bat even though they are at fire sale prices right now. Trying to get all the headliner out now. Does anyone know where you can get glass remirrored because my rear view mirror arm is mint and way better quality than the replacement I ordered but the glass is bad? Anyway that’s where we are now. I gotta start paying for braces now so works gonna barely be plugging for a while but she will be moving none the less.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Well got the passenger side fender picked up and took him my hood. He said he could repair the slight rust holes in the leading edge of the hood cheaper than a replacement GTO hood which I didn’t want unless I had too. I heard AMD was discontinuing the A body fenders for 64 and 65. I bought the very first set ever sold and AMD did the installation. I guess god has a plan cause I was able to do that right off the bat even though they are at fire sale prices right now. Trying to get all the headliner out now. Does anyone know where you can get glass remirrored because my rear view mirror arm is mint and way better quality than the replacement I ordered but the glass is bad? Anyway that’s where we are now. I gotta start paying for braces now so works gonna barely be plugging for a while but she will be moving none the less.
https://www.mirrorladypa.com/

Bill Nye.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well as many of you know I had a falling out with Classic Pontiac Rescue due to ****ty work. I mean truly HORRIBLE and then he demanded an exorbitant amount of money to get my parts back so I had to pay. I have found a better hot rod shop and am saving for bodywork and chrome. I almost have my transmission paid off and when I get it I am gonna install the drivetrain because the hot rod shop does not want me cutting holes in the floor or anything with a freshly painted dash. I got the fully upgraded TKO600 and I bought a Browell tool to do bellhousing alignment because I don’t want to do the dial indicator method. I put Hawk brake pads on all 4 corners. Progress is slow but it’s going.