The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 10-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Windshield trim clip install

I removed my windshield for a new replacement. The old trim clips were full of sealant and were for a rear window. I have new ones now. I am a bit confused on how far these should slid on. It seems if you start the stud in the big hole and slide it all the way to the end of it's slot, it can get so close to edge of metal window confine that the trim may not have room to snap on. Is this normal?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Had a new windshield installed today. The installer told me the clip should slide on all the way and bottom out. The trim only catches in the top of the groove. I thought the clip was suppose to snap inside both lips of the trim. The outside trim helps to hold the top trim on also. I also had him snap the top trim on since he knew what he was doing. All looks good.