THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up Always works, works, works........

and keeps on working!

No major issues with any of 'em. Two EGR valves <diaphrams busted>($70ea), one Idler Arm ($25), and one radiator ($150). And thats over the 12 years I've had these three "pre-owned" RM's. I never buy new and never under 90k miles!

DanC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FamilyTruckster.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	265632   Click image for larger version

Name:	RMatWorkwGTO.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	265633   Click image for larger version

Name:	AlwaysWorkWorkWork.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	265634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Loaded.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	265635  

Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys keep talking these cars up & I might have to get one too!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve v View Post
You guys keep talking these cars up & I might have to get one too!
Well Steve, I tell ya like this...I don't miss my sedan. But after I sold my first RM wagon and got an Accord wagon I missed the versitility of my big 'ol RM wagon so much that I had to get another one. It came from just south of you in Spartanburg, SC and I will never sell this one. The lady who bought my first wagon is still driving it and I see/talk to her often and she says she "loves her car and will never get rid of it"!

I've thought about getting another just to have in reserve in case some numb nutz tries to take mine out one day. That's how much I like 'em

DanC

Old 12-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The BMW plant uses these wagons to ferry their people from the cargo ships back to the dock in South Carolina. After the people drive the new BMWs into the ships, a group of these wagons drives in after them and hauls the people out.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 12-03-2011, 01:18 AM

x2 on checking the underside for rust. I'm kinda bummed that my '94 is getting near the end...the floors are pretty much shot, and the quarters, but it doesn't really look that bad. I've had that car for 7-8 years or so...but it's spirit will live on...gonna put the LT-1 in my '95 Suburban...

Old 12-03-2011, 08:20 AM

I have a 95 as a daily driver bought with 89K miles and now has 120K. It is the most comfortable car I've ever owned and plan on keeping it. I replaced the heater core a couple of weeks ago and other than that just front brakes and a water pump. These cars are serious land yachts that average around 20 MPG and are very easy to work on. It took me a while to get over the looks and the "grandpa car" stigma but after driving it for a while, this quicky disappears. I highly recommend picking one up that has been taken care of, they are out there.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If anyone near Rochester, NY has had his interest piqued by this thead, I have a '94 RMS (blue/cloth) with a blown 4l60e. 140k on it, not bad at all. I would be interested in either a reasonably priced tranny OR I would entertain offers for trade/cash over $800for the beast. Runs like new, love it, but I have too many cars and not enough money. Needs tires.

Will turn to e-bay or part it out very soon, so PM without delay.