THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002Z4CSS View Post
I hate the lack of car parts and all of the cheaply made chinese made tools. If I want cheaply made tools I will go to Harbour Frieght.
...or same found @ Northern Tool, Lowes, Home Depot, Sears...look close for "made in" and mostly all made in "Chiner"...no matter the ad hype and/or fancy label and packaging...

Old 05-28-2013, 09:28 AM

Being a vendor was once a lot of fun for me as I used to hit most of the larger ones. It is a lot of work and very expensive for the out of town trips but most of the people there always made it worth my while, especially the other vendors. One year I smoked a couple pork shoulders for everyone at the Greenville S.C. POCI show, brought and sold a ton of parts, drank a bunch of beer and had a great time. As time progressed, it seemed all parts had to be in perfect condition, already cleaned and restored and very cheap to make a sale. The days of someone being happy to find a part they really needed were drying up. I still have a mass amount of used and NOS parts but will probably do mostly internet sales when I get back in to it. It seems like the vendors became the wholesalers for the Ebayers, I can do that myself.

Are any of the "old timers" setting up anymore like Ron Johnson, Barry Martin, Tommy from the Parts Place etc?

Last edited by lockec; 05-28-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just did one as a vendor Memorial day with a "friend" of mine. I don't know if I'm just getting old and cranky but he was driving me crazy with his BS. First off he gets there right before me and lays out all his stuff over all 8 spots. This is after 4 jerks cut into the prepaid line ahead of me so I'm already in a bad mood. So he moves his stuff to make room for mine and then wanders off to look at the next spots parts. I invited this guy who also has stuff stored on my property for free so I expected him to help me unload and loudly mention this fact. So later on he wanders off without telling me again to look at other spots so I start selling his stuff cheap. He finally comes back and has a hissy fit fit because I made him lose money. I just told him if you wander off again I'm going to have another dollar sale with your crap. He pouted like a little kid after that for about 30 minutes, then I guess he realized he was being an azz. All day I listened to this guy tell lie after lie to people buying his stuff, This just bugs me because I really don't like liars. I did make a little money and the eye candy made it worth while even though I wasn't as prepared for this one as I would have liked to be. As mentioned above I walked around and saw "0" Pontiac parts.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge