THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Senior Chief

Yup, got one of those pumps in my 2014 - 335, But the only problem with our 335 when I bought it, was that the car was complaining about the battery having an excessive draining problem while parked over night. I'm sure that scared off the original owner of the ~4yr old car. I put in a new AGM battery and no more problem, great car. If I have to do another battery in 4 yrs, so what? If I ever have to do the pump I won't be happy, but the price I paid for the car is low enough that a one or two of those types of repairs over 4-6 years(if they happen) won't kill it for me either. I bought a 4 yr old car with 20,000 miles for a really good price. I'll put 60,000 miles on it and sell in for even less, but my wife and I get to drive a really great car for not much money.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
All this fuss, because a total of seven cars may need to be replaced. I bet there are some other manufacturers that WISH they only had to deal with a seven car recall.
EXACTLY, a whopping 7 vehicles...

Find it very interesting no one mentioned the Anti Gasoline powered car, Anti Merican, Taxpayer funds grubbing Company recalled 3.4 Million Trucks & SUVs last month...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/2284370001/

Old 10-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
EXACTLY, a whopping 7 vehicles...

Find it very interesting no one mentioned the Anti Gasoline powered car, Anti Merican, Taxpayer funds grubbing Company recalled 3.4 Million Trucks & SUVs last month...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/2284370001/
Great point!

Old 10-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Senior Chief

Every manufacturer recalls their products. As the vehicles get more and more complicated there will be problems. I don't know of any auto manufacturer that has not had a recall. For what ever reason people love it when the US manufacturers have recalls but it gets very quiet when the others have their problems. Most people who have a foreign car will not admit when the do have a problem but just keep bashing American products.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
Every manufacturer recalls their products. As the vehicles get more and more complicated there will be problems. I don't know of any auto manufacturer that has not had a recall. For what ever reason people love it when the US manufacturers have recalls but it gets very quiet when the others have their problems. Most people who have a foreign car will not admit when the do have a problem but just keep bashing American products.
Exactly. I am always amazed with the foreign car shills on this site that profess to love their vintage GM product, but are so pissed and angry with the current GM. Some still have their panties in a wad because Pontiac was axed. Some are still bothered with the bailout. Some had a cousin 3 times removed with a POS GM vehicle.

I have never had a bad GM vehicle, new or old. I have had bad Fords, and Mopars, and avoid those like the plague.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 10-07-2019, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are several people who have defended BMW in this discussion (including me), but none of us have bashed American products. As far as I can tell only one person has bashed GM and as far as I know he doesn't own a foreign car.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Comfortable, smooth, powerful and feature packed!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	521734  

Old 10-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Senior Chief

I love my 2008 Duramax and I am in the middle of replacing it with a new 2019 GMC 1500 Elevation edition. (Can't justify the cost of a new Duramax and don't really need a 3/4ton for what I pull, but this will be my 4th GM truck and I've own too many GM cars to count). But I also love every Camry I've owned for the simple reason that they just run forever. I've never bashed GM for anything, but have ribbed Pontiac for building the Aztec(far too ugly)
This thread was started against BMW and maybe Toyota. So who on here has first hand experience owning one? And who on here is bashing them? If you are so sensitive that you can't take some internet ribbing about your own brand, then maybe you shouldn't throw stones at the other makes.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Senior Chief

Come on the Aztek is no uglier than the Honda Element. I actually liked the Aztek. The interior is great and when they got rid of the different color cladding they did not look too bad. I always thought an AWD and a 3800 SC engine would be cool.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The thing about the Aztek is it was before its time...when it was introduced it looked so much different than any other cars on the road, but it pretty much fits right in today.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
This thread was started against BMW and maybe Toyota. So who on here has first hand experience owning one? And who on here is bashing them? If you are so sensitive that you can't take some internet ribbing about your own brand, then maybe you shouldn't throw stones at the other makes.
It appears those flying stones are only being directed at BMW/Euro cars and their owners.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 10-08-2019, 05:58 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
Come on the Aztek is no uglier than the Honda Element. I actually liked the Aztek. The interior is great and when they got rid of the different color cladding they did not look too bad. I always thought an AWD and a 3800 SC engine would be cool.
The Honda Element is Ugly too. One does not justify the other. Sales of both those vehicles were low enough that the production runs were quietly cut short. My point is neither should have been built. What's your point, that everyone deserves screw up once in a while?

Old 10-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Senior Chief

No, everyone does not deserve a screw up. Every company has had a model that people wished they never built. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That is why there are so many models out there for sale. People always talk how great a E36 or something, is a great car but I don't care for BMW'S. I don't think Ferrari's are great either. I know many who do. I would rather have a Corvette even though I am not a "Vette" guy.The few exceptions of foreign cars that are, in my opinion great are an E Type Jag or a 917 Porsche. I love Pontiac's. I always have and I always will.