Old 10-25-2018, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1968-69 GTO Reproduction Endura Front Bumper - Anyone used one and what do you think

Anyone here used one of the repro endura front bumpers?

What do you think and is it a quality part? Fit?

Any info about this.

whether you would use it on a very nice car or ?

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I noticed Ames is selling that piece along with a few others. Ames says it uses "new tooling" so yeah ... wonder how it fits.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I noticed Ames is selling that piece along with a few others. Ames says it uses "new tooling" so yeah ... wonder how it fits.
Probably like a saddle on a sow, as we used to say when a body panel didn't fit or line up.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd like to bring this topic up again, hoping that 1 year later someone can share information about quality and fit for the repro Endura.

Old 10-17-2019, 04:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ames is great but somewhat behind the times. They should have videos on products like this and show fitment etc

Old 10-17-2019, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

my buddy bought a car and it came with an aftermarket nose, he wanted help hanging it and wow...what a mess...no way could we make it good enough for a restored car...

wasnt wide enough..and was way too flat..none of the headlight/grill stuff really lined up well...

i dont know how old or where it came from, but if i have to beat and grind on one, i'm looking for a GM piece...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 10-19-2019, 10:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have one but I'm not going to use it. Its very hard non flexible material. My body shop thought it is fiberglass over a metal frame. I didn't take it out of the box for a couple weeks and when I did it had a big crack along one end.
It came in a Dynacorn box. Not well padded. It does weigh somewhat less. I believe the contours are good. I took my very bent original to a bumper shop and he straightened it.

Old 11-04-2019, 04:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Any comments on the steel 68 valance panels? Looks like that might be my best route ... mine is beat to sh*t as most used examples are.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Any comments on the steel 68 valance panels? Looks like that might be my best route ... mine is beat to sh*t as most used examples are.
Held one in my hand while visiting AMES a few months ago. It's a very nice piece although I can't speak to fitment. Like all repops, it felt lighter than an original (30% lighter?)