THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:52 PM

Cool Who wants one? Hmmmmm

How about a Bentley flying spur? Maybe if they had Crystal Turquoise nice car though.

https://www.caranddriver.com/bentley/flying-spur#

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I see so many high end cars like that on the streets of Toronto that it doesn’t even register anymore. Only classics catch my eye.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
I see so many high end cars like that on the streets of Toronto that it doesn’t even register anymore. Only classics catch my eye.

Not talking about a replacement to the classics, but it is an interesting car. I’d take a classic all day everyday over many new cars on the lots. This one just sticks out for many different reasons.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 06-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just noticed there's someone in my office building who drives a late model Bentley, I parked next to it out in the ramp when I came back from lunch. It's a good looking car (as far as late model cars in general go.)

If you were to buy one new, from what I understand they'll paint it any color you want - even Crystal Turquoise.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I’m not knocking the car. I’m sure that it’s a fantastic vehicle and I would probably buy one if I had the means. There was a time when these cars were few and far between, which created a kind of mystique to the exclusivity. Now, I’ll see one of these going down the road and there will be another one right behind it. So I’d get excited about driving one, but seeing someone else driving one does nothing for me. I guess I’m just getting older.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
I’m not knocking the car. I’m sure that it’s a fantastic vehicle and I would probably buy one if I had the means. There was a time when these cars were few and far between, which created a kind of mystique to the exclusivity. Now, I’ll see one of these going down the road and there will be another one right behind it. So I’d get excited about driving one, but seeing someone else driving one does nothing for me. I guess I’m just getting older.
Kinda feel the same way, Although I dont see them on the road, my wifes boss drives one just like this. It belongs to her husband (both are attorneys).

Old 06-13-2019, 05:27 PM
Senior Chief

I think if I was going to buy a new car and could justify spending that amount, I would buy a ZL1 Camaro. I like driving my wife's 2013 SS Camaro and the performance of the ZL1 is amazing. I still would rather drive my 1976 Firebird. Hopefully this summer I will have my new E headed roller cammed 455+ motor done.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:59 PM

To me it resembles a Chrysler 300.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was going to comment that the design looked pretty stale, then I noticed the link that an all-new 2020 model has been unveiled.

The 2020 model looks better - but it looks like the BMW’s ugly sister - and for more money.

Anyone know how much one costs? That stupid Car and Driver article boasts of “review, pricing and specs,” but has none of the first two and only a summary of the 3rd.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
I was going to comment that the design looked pretty stale, then I noticed the link that an all-new 2020 model has been unveiled.

The 2020 model looks better - but it looks like the BMW’s ugly sister - and for more money.

Anyone know how much one costs? That stupid Car and Driver article boasts of “review, pricing and specs,” but has none of the first two and only a summary of the 3rd.
I saw one here for the low low price of $172,000! Check the one out on page 2!
https://www.bentleyatlanta.com/new-i...SABEgLbofD_BwE