Old 12-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A body redesign- billet block and heads with rocker shaft system. Around 30k I would imagine

Old 12-07-2019, 10:48 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
How much do Warp 6 heads cost?
OK, I’ll play.......go call KRE.
Less then Billet Visners!

GTO George

Old 12-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
OK, I’ll play.......go call KRE.
Less then Billet Visners!

GTO George
I thought you were talking about Chief's car compared to the orange one with Warp 6 heads?

E-heads are about $2800 with FREE shipping.

Old 12-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I thought you were talking about Chief's car compared to the orange one with Warp 6 heads?

Paul,
George could not stay on track even if he was driving a train.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

So Chief paid $2800 and pulled them out of the box, bolted them on and runs 3.9s as is. Impressive

Old 12-07-2019, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
So Chief paid $2800 and pulled them out of the box, bolted them on and runs 3.9s as is. Impressive
E-heads are impressive....most bang for the buck head ever made for a Pontiac..... I know guys that put a chit ton of effort into hi-ports and then a crap ton of money into Tigers just to try and keep up with E's.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Paul,

Stan
Lol.... Seems that way.

Old 12-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
E-heads are impressive....most bang for the buck head ever made for a Pontiac..... I know guys that put a chit ton of effort into hi-ports and then a crap ton of money into Tigers just to try and keep up with E's.
I know guys with e-heads on spray that are more than second slow than me, what's your point?

Old 12-07-2019, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Our experience was the switch to Tigers from Edelbrock heads was an immediate 80+ HP on the dyno. Once tuned as good as we could get it, 102 HP better. Same camshaft, same intake except for spacers the Tiger heads required. Early Edelbrock castings hand ported by me vs very early Tiger heads also hand ported by me. Peak flow was about 40 CFM greater on the Tigers. Nothing against the Edelbrocks, they served us well. The Tigers have more real estate to work with, taller port, less water jacket and pushrod holes in the way. Your experience may vary. Smart people are running very fast with all the available heads. It mostly depends on how much work your willing to put into them.

Last edited by mgarblik; 12-07-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
I know guys with e-heads on spray that are more than second slow than me, what's your point?
I own a pair of E-heads that dragged your chit down the track...and they were shipped for free....what's your point?

STUPIDPOSTSTTFMF!

Old 12-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Our experience was the switch to Tigers from Edelbrock heads was an immediate 105 HP on the dyno. Same camshaft, same intake except for spacers the Tiger heads required. Early Edelbrock castings hand ported by me vs very early Tiger heads also hand ported by me. Peak flow was about 40 CFM greater on the Tigers. Nothing against the Edelbrocks, they served us well. The Tigers have more real estate to work with, taller port, less water jacket and pushrod holes in the way. Your experience may vary. Smart people are running very fast with all the available heads. It mostly depends on how much work your willing to put into them.
Good information!

Don't mind us we're just talking non-sense

But on another note, are the Tigers similar in airflow to your RAV heads?

Old 12-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
KRE HP’s are the best bang for the buck!

GTO George

Old 12-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Paul,

Stan
That’s cuz I go too fast!!!

GTO George

Old 12-07-2019, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
KRE HP’s are the best bang for the buck!

GTO George
I disagree.....your signature says "7.98 quickest Pontiac door car in Michigan" You do know Mike went 7.96 (naturally aspirated E-heads) and his car is still together and in Michigan??

So hi-ports with a blower and trying to catch the naturally aspirated E-heads....your statement has little merit.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you notice, I did edit my post to be more correct. Peak air flow on our Ram Air V heads is potentially better than the early Tigers we were using. Our Ram air V heads were really fun on the flow bench. The most amazing thing about the tunnel port head is it never stops flowing, all the way until the retainer hits the valve guide. It continued a slow climb to 1.3" of lift where I stopped. It never makes that shrieking sound a head makes when it is done or starts to tumble. Even with that giant obstruction of a tube in the middle, it keeps flowing. 430 CFM @ 1.00" We run a pretty mild cam, only .840 net lift. Just over 400 CFM at that lift. Our Tiger heads were pretty much done at 1" lift. Also around 398-400 CFM @ 1" lift. The Tiger heads had a more "angry" sound on the bench and the flow was around 370 CFM @ .700 lift. Slow gains from there. But we ran a much more aggressive cam in that Grocery Getter engine, about .930" net lift. So similar, but different. I am obviously very intrigued by the Ram Air V heads. I have done a couple sets of Ford Tunnel Port heads as well. One set in a Cobra Kit car with a 427. That thing screams to 7500 RPM's. Also, the cylinder sizes were different. The Tigers were flowed on a 4.375" cylinder we were running and the Ram Air V's on a 4.250" bore we are using now. That would also effect the flow numbers. Sorry I don't have a perfect apples to apples comparison.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
If you notice, I did edit my post to be more correct. Peak air flow on our Ram Air V heads is potentially better than the early Tigers we were using. Our Ram air V heads were really fun on the flow bench. The most amazing thing about the tunnel port head is it never stops flowing, all the way until the retainer hits the valve guide. It continued a slow climb to 1.3" of lift where I stopped. It never makes that shrieking sound a head makes when it is done or starts to tumble. Even with that giant obstruction of a tube in the middle, it keeps flowing. 430 CFM @ 1.00" We run a pretty mild cam, only .840 net lift. Just over 400 CFM at that lift. Our Tiger heads were pretty much done at 1" lift. Also around 398-400 CFM @ 1" lift. The Tiger heads had a more "angry" sound on the bench and the flow was around 370 CFM @ .700 lift. Slow gains from there. But we ran a much more aggressive cam in that Grocery Getter engine, about .930" net lift. So similar, but different. I am obviously very intrigued by the Ram Air V heads. I have done a couple sets of Ford Tunnel Port heads as well. One set in a Cobra Kit car with a 427. That thing screams to 7500 RPM's. Also, the cylinder sizes were different. The Tigers were flowed on a 4.375" cylinder we were running and the Ram Air V's on a 4.250" bore we are using now. That would also effect the flow numbers. Sorry I don't have a perfect apples to apples comparison.
Thanks for the info. As usual very interesting.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I disagree.....your signature says "7.98 quickest Pontiac door car in Michigan" You do know Mike went 7.96 (naturally aspirated E-heads) and his car is still together and in Michigan??

So hi-ports with a blower and trying to catch the naturally aspirated E-heads....your statement has little merit.
Mike ran his number in 40 something degree temps I did mine in 85 degree temp, he had 18-19 to 1 compression with my compression and boost numbers mine comes out to 16 to 1. My camshaft is around .720 lift.........I’ll bet his was closer to .900. His engine was 555 cubes mine is 525, my engine is made to stay together, his had a zipper on it. Same track same day I would easily gap him without my car breaking a sweat. FACT!
Listen Mikes car was fast for what it was.....please don’t compare my car to his!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 12-07-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Mike ran his number in 40 something degree temps I did mine in 85 degree temp, he had 18-19 to 1 compression with my compression and boost numbers mine comes out to 16 to 1. My camshaft is around .720 lift.........I’ll bet his was closer to .900. His engine was 555 cubes mine is 525, my engine is made to stay together, his had a zipper on it. Same track same day I would easily gap him without my car breaking a sweat. FACT!
Listen Mikes car was fast for what it was.....please don’t compare my car to his!

GTO George
There is no comparison....your car has zoomies and is slower.... I was referring to your dumb azz false signature

Old 12-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Quote:
There is no comparison....your car has zoomies and is slower.... I was referring to your dumb azz false signature
The last two years at Norwalk.....I was quicker, same track same day but whatever it takes to run fast numbers! LOL!
HPHTTF!
Please don’t bring compare his car to mine....let it go.

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 12-07-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The last two years at Norwalk.....I was quicker, same track same day but whatever it takes to run fast numbers! LOL!
HPHTTF!
Please don’t bring compare his car to mine....let it go.

GTO George
You can twist things however you want. 7.96 is quicker than 7.98.....it took you two years after that 7.96 to get a 7.98 STILL SLOWER ......at least put an * after that dumb azz false statement.

You say you like facts but seem to live fallacies.