67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2003, 10:04 AM

If anyone is interested in a conversion to relay from the linkage assemble for a 69 Firebird, I can detail it. Got the car and before it can be safetied for the road up here in Canada, the reverse lights etc. have to work. Found there was nothing between the switch on the column and the tranny. Went out and found and refinished all the linkage parts only to realize the previous owner took them all off because they interferred with the headers. Can't use. Now he didn't bother to tell me he had no reverse lights and no neutral safety switch. I used a magnetic micro relay in the shifter housing wired to a higher current relay then directly into the conector for the reverse lights on the neutral safety switch on the column. Works great. Nobody will ever see it or know it's a mod from the all original car. Didn't do the neutral safety switch though. Noby will know but easy to do as well if needed.