Old 06-20-2020, 06:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1971 GTO worth....another

I have little to no interest in this car but maybe someone here would. I was just driving by today and saw it. Real 24237 car. 400 auto. 400 seems to be all original with 96 heads. Original carb gone as is distributor. Everything else seems to be there down to the TCS. A/C is all there but no belt. Master has been replaced at some time. Appears no one has taken this thing apart ever but could be wrong. I think the original Harrison is still there.

Body does need some attention but presentable. Hood does have rust close to the nose and rear quarters have been patched at some time. My guess is the front fenders have had some work at some time. Rear window has leaked at one point but no visible rust on the outside. I did look under the package tray and it's solid. Trunk had one or two pinholes but very solid. Paint is old and not original. Looks like the newer Mustang lime green.

Interior is black original and needs some attention. Dash is not cracked and AM is still there. Aftermarket steering wheel and no gauges. Console is fair.

Frame looked very solid with no rot but dirty. Honeycombs and sway bars. Not sure if posi or not but can be easily checked.

Guy is asking $16.5K for the car. Don't think I would pay anything close to that but some guys ask for the moon.

I'll be glad to look at it closer if someone is serious. Car is located a little south of Tomball, TX.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 06-26-2020, 10:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Where is the car? I’m in Spring as well. I wouldn’t mind checking it out

Old 06-27-2020, 08:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
Where is the car? I’m in Spring as well. I wouldn’t mind checking it out
Car is a little east of Perry on Mills. Close to Willowbrook Mall. Send me a PM if you have an interest.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over