Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default mirror

I just ordered an outside rear view mirror. In order to place my order I had to make up a car that I don't own because you wouldn't accept the order without a car entered. I just wanted to order a mirror for a car that it was not designed for. Now you have a record of a car that I don't even own. A real pain in the BUTT.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had a similar experience at Pep Boys, buying tires.
I have a "limited Edition" jeep with 17" wheels.
pep boys' database knows nothing about the 'limited" and they only show 16" wheels.
I had to find a jeep model with 17" wheels that WAS in their database; and there was none, so:
Salesperson said they couldn't sell me tires because they wouldn't be correct for the car. LMAO.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Same thing with Costco. My local store would not sell me a set of tires for the wife's Cadillac since it wasn't in their database. Even after I showed them it was an optional tire size for that year. Too bad. Discount tire gets all my business now. And I don't have to wait half a day for them to be installed.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express