Old 11-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default #'s matching 73 TA 455 4spd value?

I'm considering buying a #'s matching 73 TA w the 455 (ZZ) and orig tranny, its orig red with white int. Needs all new int and body resto, motor not running but they said it would. Not very many options PS, PB, rear defrost, 8 track. Quarters will need to be replaced as well as a section of the trunk pan. Have not seen the floors but they say there solid as well as the rest of the car. Guy wants $6500, that sound fair????. Thanks

Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

hard to say for sure without some pics but that seems like a reasonable price for a restorable #'s matching '73 4 speed if its complete and not any more rust than you were told. Post some pics if you have them and you can get better opinions

Old 11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'd like to see pic.s but, it sounds OK to me given your brief description. Although I'd be wary about the rest of the car being solid. Has it been repainted? If so, bring your magnet along. Trunk pans are typical, so are quarters. Check around the windows channels, lower doors, lower fenders.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" RUSH (Freewill)
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it IS actually a #'s matching runnung SOLID T/A,I think that is a reasonable price.

Have a REAL GOOD look (for rust) at the front of the rear frame rails (by the front spring eye),& where they start to turn up in the wheel house. A small hammer & scratch awl will be handy here. I've also seen the frame cracked just infront of the rear spring shackle.

Also look closely up in behind the rear tail panel for ROT.

Both of these areas are VERY costly to repair properly.