Old 02-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72
I think $650 for a nice, norust, no real work needed early TA hood is a fair price, I must like throwing money away, because I often see values estimated here as low.... everyone wants a deal and that's human nature, but this stuff is old and rare and half of the stuff out there is ratty. And the big variable is clean vs needing work. A ratty one is a lot of time and $ to get nice, if metal work needed. I think you won't get a big $ on ebay for one, because people subtract shipping in a way in what they offer..... you have to put it up against what you could buy one in person for.....

And in todays economy, I would flash him 5 hundred dollar bills and you have 50/50 odds of owning it right there...........
Bird72- you are so so so correct about the time it takes to repair a "needs work" hood. The metal work is delicate and rust repair is so time consuming on hoods.I have one I tried to repair and after at least 20 hours of work just gave up. price 20 hours of work at a shop and $650 for a "no work needed" hood is a deal. The 70-72 hoods are way more expensive than the 73-76 hoods. If you find one that doesn't need any work, i bet you will have to pay every bit of $1500-$2000. I know of 5 guys looking for the early hood right now, bidding would be fast on that one. I have not seen a real 70-72 hood on Ebay in some time. I have a perfect, no rust , none at all, 1973 hood that I will sell for $650 if anyone wants it. It is paint and go type of hood. No work will be needed at all.You could pick it up here in Memphis or ship via Truck line. That gets expensive though. Plus cost of wood to build a crate.just PM me..

Old 02-23-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Pic of Frank

Here is Ponch's 71 Firebird. Look at the fender... you have an air extractor, 71 firebird louvers, wheel spoilers, foilers, and to top it off, side pipes. What I call "The ULTIMATE Trans AM Fender" to go with the Ultimate Trans Am Hood. I predict this will meet with disapproval. If so, maybe you can empathize with those who look at our stock Trans Ams and call them "Junked up", "Looking like you went through Pep Boys with a 100lb magnet." or "Cologne drenched gold chain disco dude car." Or in the case of the Bandit SE, "Like a hearse." I like Trans Ams because they are an "In Your Face" exercise in excess. Cars such as Frank Poncharello's firebird just take them one level farther.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chipseps2125we.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	123505