Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default More Parts Place Junk

Just had a customer bring me a Parts Place Re-pop Ram Air IV intake and crossover for installation. I gave it a careful look over and determined after laying an intake gasket on it it was not usable without substantial welding on several post roofs. For $500.00, it is reasonable to expect the ports to need some alignment and work near the flange. But this part is a real piece of aluminum garbage. Looks lousy on the exterior with some evidence of welding between two runners to save the casting from scrap. I can't imagine someone actually trying to use this as delivered. It would be one giant vacuum leak. I told him to send it back and get over his love affair with the idea. His stock iron one is a much nicer piece. Hopefully he will be refunded. I told him it would take $500-600 to weld it up and straighten it out enough to use and wouldn't look very nice visually.