Old 03-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1966 LeMans Sprint 6 - 31 options

Thought this was a really nice looking 1966 LeMans Sprint 6, with 31 factory options including a/c, vinyl top, and the rarely seen rear defog, red inner fender liners, and hazard light switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 LeMans Sprint - air conditioing - red fender liners - 31 options - loaded (2) - 06858.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	477571   Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 LeMans Sprint - air conditioing - red fender liners - 31 options - loaded (7) - 06858.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	477572   Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 LeMans Sprint - air conditioing - red fender liners - 31 options - loaded (4) - 06858.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	477573   Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 LeMans Sprint - air conditioing - red fender liners - 31 options - loaded (3) - 06858.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	477574   Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 LeMans Sprint - air conditioing - red fender liners - 31 options - loaded (6) - 06858.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	477575  

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very nice Sprint, indeed.

Thanks, Mike

Old 03-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default AWESOME!

Very cool 66 Sprint.

The “correct Red painted” brake drums look so cool on the 66 Tempest Series when it came with the Rally I Wheel Option.

Thank You for sharing!

Chris.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

very nice car.

I have never seen the vented 'pancake' air cleaner lid on a 6 cyl before, I like it.

Thanks for the pics, very neat car

Old 03-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up NICE, another gadget guy with a '66.

Love a loaded '66 Lemans Sprint
I think we're running neck & neck

Last edited by Jeff Hamlin; 02-25-2024 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike,
Thank for posting that '66. Is it for sale?

Old 03-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes it is!! I accidentally forgot to save the link, took me 20 minutes to find the darn ad again. Since it's a CraigsList ad it may disappear at any moment, so here's the text.

https://youngstown.craigslist.org/ct...513300917.html

1966 Pontiac Lemans with the Sprint Option. This car is rarer than a 66 G.T.O. It has the 230 Cubic inch overhead cam 6 cylinder with a 4 barrel carburetor. With 54,000 original miles. It also has about 30 factory options, rally one wheels, air condition, tinted glass, bucket seats and console, tilt column, the original red inner fender liners, vinyl top, rear window defogger, clock, power brakes and steering, automatic transmission, remote mirror, door edge guards, visor vanity mirror, light under the hood, light in the trunk, light in the ash tray, deluxe courtesy interior lights. The car has one repaint and it was done right at a cost around $10,000.00 so it looks and could pass as factory. Original white interior, the white top was replaced with the correct grain as the original. Look how nice the colors go together along with the red liners. Have original window sticker. You can not ask for a better color combination on a car. Also, when you ordered the red inner fender liners, they painted the brake drums red. Look at the pictures, she looks great! How many are left? Then how many are left with these options? No trades. Please call, I do not text!!!!!

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike,

Thank You for posting the Craigslist ad.
I just made a folder on this unique car.

Chris.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What an amazing example of a First Year Sprint, They are a little off but hell shoot for the moon! Not a fan of reds but I could learn to like this one

Thanks for the link Mike, I ran it over to the OHC page.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike, did you do the window sticker?

Wondering about the dealer?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-09-2018, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John, that's absolutely NOT one of my window stickers! It's formatted completely wrong for a Kansas-built 1967 LeMans. I would assume the dealer code was the Zone Office, but I'm not sure as I don't see the Billing History.

I just finished a window sticker last week for a very unusual 1967 Tempest Sports Coupe Sprint 6. It was ordered by the Charlotte, NC Zone Office and had the rare optional interior trim (206) available for the 23307 Tempest model. The car was ordered with the Decor Group, which included Deluxe Wheel Discs, but the office also ordered Custom Wheel Discs, so they basically paid twice for wheel covers. Normally, Pontiac would adjust the option price if a customer ordered something separate that superceded an item that was in the Decor Group, but in this case they did not.

The original owner still has this car today. Original paperwork shows this marked as a Brass Hat car, but it only had a handful of options, exploding the myth that all Brass Hat cars were loaded.

Mike

Old 03-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, Mike!
I thought it was probably not your sticker.

I wouldn't think a 'Zone' car would have a window sticker yet until it went to a dealer?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think that car may look better with the red liners than any I've seen. Beautiful car.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Every car had a window sticker applied when leaving the assembly plant. If it was earmarked for Canada, it would have GM Of Canada as the dealer name.

When a zone lot car was sold to a dealer, a second invoice was cut, and at that time the zone office created an updated window sticker with the dealer name and address. In some cases they didn't bother, which is why we sometimes see original window stickers without a dealer name. I have some examples where a dealer took the zone window sticker and typed in their dealer name and address, obvious because they used the dealership typewriter and the font is wrong.

I agree, I love the look of this 1966 LeMans Sprint with red inner fenders and redlines, a very nice looking car!

Mike

Old 03-10-2018, 07:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Regardless of incorrect sticker the info/options seem likely a Zone car.
IMO a standard trans would have been nice to see in that console over the AT

I can't stop looking at this '66 such a sharp looker,price point is high, but wish them well.
That car needs to be driven!