EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Old 06-25-2023, 06:43 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
The Eddy system IS sequential.
Does it batch fire injectors or is it sequential timing and fuelling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
There is a much steeper learning curve here; the Pro-Flo setup is close to plug-n-play.
There is a much steeper curve but this is the same as buying an off the shelf crate motor vs setting up an engine to suit your wants. It takes more work and isn't for everyone but I firmly believe it is worth it if you are chasing the best possible result WRT hot/cold start, part throttle response, fuel economy etc.

Old 06-25-2023, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
Holley Terminator X seems to be a very popular option for switching to EFI. You can obtain the crank signal and cam signal easily by using their dual-sync distributor.
THIS !!!

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 07-23-2023, 01:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgerhardt View Post
It's a great idea and many of us have already done it and reported about it here! I suggest you spend some quality time in the archives of this forum. I remember at least one guy adapted a GM ECU to run a Pontiac, and I think it was an early LS one.

I've had multi-point sequential EFI on my '66 GTO since 1998 and would never go back to a carb.

For a Pontiac retrofit, I really don't see the value in sequential EFI... batch-fire would be just fine and if I was doing this again, that's what I would do. There's no way any of us has the patience, dyno time nor $$ to accurately set up sequential injector timing throughout the engine's range. But if you have your heart set on an LS ECU, then of course you'll have to come up with a way to measure the camshaft TDC for the sequential part. I did it by modifying a small-cap HEI from a TBI SBC truck engine.
That crank trigger is awesome! Did you convert it yourself? Do you sell the conversion?

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 07-23-2023, 08:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
That crank trigger is awesome! Did you convert it yourself? Do you sell the conversion?
Thanks! Yeah, I designed and fabricated it myself. Drew it on AutoCAD and machined the reluctor on a 2-axis CNC Bridgeport. The sensor is a Cadillac Northstar crank trigger. I removed .100" from the end of the balancer snout to make up for the thickness of the reluctor. I made a jig to hold the sensor bung in the proper location on the timing chain cover and TIG welded that in.

The letters/numbers imprinted on the backside of the reluctor are from the timing chain sprocket. I took pics of it after it had been installed previously.

I just did this as a one-off and don't even know where the DXF file for the reluctor is today, since I did this in 1998 or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1247.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	616561   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1248.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	616562   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1249.jpg
Views:	92