Old 10-28-2020, 08:51 AM

Default 1968-1972 disc brake parts wanted...

Integrity means so little these days... Made a deal with a local Pontiac guy (may or may not be on this forum) to purchase a 1970 LeMans convertible body and frame. I needed the frame, some small parts... I needed the disc brakes more than anything else. We agreed on a price and shook on it. I left a deposit, took some of the loose parts, and agreed to pick it up in November (as he had to remove the engine and trans). Get a text last week stating how the frame is valuable and "if I still wanted to go through with the deal". Then today states that he "needed the frame after all and can't go through with the deal".

Whatever.. Just another person to cross of the list and avoid.

I am more annoyed about the disc brakes. I would like to use OEM/ original parts. If anyone has any original disc brake pieces, please let me know.

Thank you

1970 GTO (someday )
Old 10-28-2020, 09:44 AM

Have some one piece rotors. Clean metal. Two or three of them have '71-'72 dates. Probably from Monte Carlos. One may fit? in a Medium Flat rate box.
Just saying though, arent' there complete Aftermarket Kits for $500 ish? Meaning spindles, sheilds, rotors, calipers, pads, and hoses with hardware all in one kit?? Btw are you on the Buick site, also, hope you're doing well.
Dave S Dona Ana NM 88032

Old 10-28-2020, 10:31 AM

Hey Dave. Thanks! Yes, been over on V8buick since around the inception, classicolds, the old "real olds power" board.. LOL.

Yes, new kit is $550-ish. However, I am trying to find original pieces. I'm a little disappointed in the guy I made a deal with. I think he got a bunch of people that want the convertible frame and he wants more money than we agreed on. Oh well...

1970 GTO (someday )
Old 10-28-2020, 03:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Don't be shy about disclosing someone that is backing out of a deal. If a solid deal was made which included the frame (since you already took parts) they should honor it. If they are backing out just because they want to make more money, then that's even more the reason to get that info out there.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

George I have a disc set up in RI if it is something you can use. Pm me and I can send some pics. It does have the two piece rotors, which may not be original to a Pontiac. They are fairly uncommon from what I recall

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 11-04-2020, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have pair of new spindles, $ 75 pus the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180813_172200.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	553056