Old 06-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to 1965GTOTempest Send a message via AIM to 1965GTOTempest
Default Does anyone have a photo of ...?

I need a photo of the visor area, from the passenger/driver seat view. I have no headliner, no visors, no moulding of any type, so I need a photo so I can determine exactly what I have to purchase.

I'm thinking that the headliner tucks into some sort of metal moulding that goes across the windshield

Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Just finished installing a headliner in my 64 - have a 65 as well, the front of the fabric gest glued and tucked to the piece of metal that is right before the front of the glass, make sure it is tightly secured to the car, you will be pulling the material very snug, if it is loose or the fasteners are loose you can use pop rivets to secure, 3/16" long or you will be into the roof area. There should be a plastic snap on trim, and 2 metal ends that attach with 1 screw each,put your 3 mirror screws in or you will not find the holes later. And of course you will need the 2 chrome visor holders, i have a used set if interested.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here are the items, all from PY, pages 22 - 27 in their catalog.
RPI362 1964-67 WINDSHIELD LACE, Front, Black................. $18.00/ea
The molded strip that runs along the top inside of the headliner, above windshield and

RPI490 1964-67 HEADLINER LACE............................................. $27.00
15ft of material, Available Colors: Black, Bright Blue, Blue, Parchment, Aqua & Red

RPI486 1964-65 REAR WINDOW LACE, coupe & sedan......... $79.00/st

My old car is listed in the 2007 Scottsdale Auction, Lot #1016 - $60K
And in the 2008 Scottsdale auction, Lot #960 - $80K
Eventually sold by Brighton Motor Sports in Scottsdale, AZ - http://www.remarkablecars.com/ppads/...p/product/4844
Old 06-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to 1965GTOTempest Send a message via AIM to 1965GTOTempest

Thanks -- I actually have a headliner and I believe in my photos I see one bow, that's it, but I was lost on the rest.

I want the visor hardware but not sure if I want the actual sun visors. When I replaced them on my Firebird with repros, they would never stay in place, always dropped down, and one day I simply pulled over, pulled out the screwdriver, and now I'm happy.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:27 AM

Theres more than one bow. Look under your headliner there are pouches running the width that you slide the bows into. You can get a bow kit that has them all. Put your screws in for the dome light also. Look closely at the holes that they fit into on the roof. You might be able to see which ones the bows were in there are several. Not much too it but installing a headliner not for the faint of heart

Old 06-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oh, I won't be doing it, the garage is -- I'm just buying everything I feel I need. They are doing the mechanics and I'm now doing a cosmetic search so when I get it back, I won't have to begin searching.

I see the dome light housing and wiring, so need the bulb and covering I believe