Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-20-2018, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Did u council him on it?
Dont know anything about it. Talked to the man once or twice, thats it.
I guess people talking about your personal life is one of the prices of fame.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Wow...tech advise and counciling
Go ahead, draw your wagons in a circle. Get your circle ready, its what you do.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDTA View Post
Where’d you hear that and who’s they?

Brian
Beginning to think Gach has introduced him to his imaginary friends ???

Old 03-20-2018, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Beginning to think Gach has introduced him to his imaginary friends ???
Like you could have been like Butler or KRE but it just did not work out.
Delusions of grandeur they call it.
Go polish your 59 block.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Go polish your 59 block.
And you dont have "delusions of grandeur"? What happened to you 900+hp pump gas engine? For a couple of months that is all we heard about, you going to build this glorious engine and go out and bust off some 10.0 at the track. You've been talking about finishing your HP heads for years and years, they done? How about the Marcella Tiger intake? You talk crap about other people and their keyboard racing, how are you different? Lots of talk with zero results.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Go polish your 59 block.

You have no clue what I know, what I've done, or what I am capable of doing. I don't question or doubt what you've claimed about being a welder/fabricator. I'm sure there's more to you than that !

I don't have my grandfather's machine shop equipment because my ex wouldn't let me buy it from the estate.
I lived a quarter mile from his shop and learned plenty. Fwiw he was a tool/die maker/pattern maker amongst some of his skills. Did alot of aerospace work for NASA . He held alot of patents including some from when he worked for Olds before WW2. All that got sold with the estate as well.

Do I have to document my profile with more details of just what I've accomplished the past 50+ years? It will be a long read!

Fwiw I'd rather make parts than just build engines .

Old 03-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can anyone tell me where the popcorn emoji is??

Old 03-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Can anyone tell me where the popcorn emoji is??
Type :
Type popcorn
Type :
( No spaces between colins or letters)

Old 03-20-2018, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckmastr View Post
Anyone who goes to eat anywhere with Brian or KK gets stuck with check..... Believe that!
That's more money for racecar ****!! I eat pbj and bologna and cheese to race while Billy and Jack are eating filet and seafood combos.

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 03-20-2018, 06:50 PM
Suspended

I don't get it... chief is getting a set of cv2's... good for him.. I hope it works out well for all parties involved..
I for one think he will make more reliable power with them... I hope he does..

Last edited by Scott Roberts; 03-20-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wait, wait, you went there. Myself, you know why I could not do the aftermarket block build. Can not spend big bucks on a real engine and roof my house the same year. Have some roof damage it seems. Sometimes life gets in the way of fun.
But dont worry, I still have much of what I need to make a 900HP pump gas engine. You being a tool one second and sometimes cool guy is a reason I would like to beat your 889HP. Whatever the reason, competition is good right ?
Money for finishing the HPs is not a issue right now. Waiting for SD to finish. If things dont get done soon I will send then to Dave and he will do them. Already agreed to do them.
But money was a problem just a couple years ago. I had 3 mills close in a row that I worked at. I am a millwright/welder/fabricator. Back to that life getting in the way of fun thing.
But I would not run my mouth if I were you. To my understanding your fancy Barton High Port engine got beat by how many lowly E head engine, like weight cars. KK when he was NA, The great Mike Leech(RIP) and I believe my actual E heads. Bet Jack ran faster on NA run with NO2 cam. Baily ran faster too. Dont think Barton was the problem. Maybe you could not do his work justice. You might have been top High Port engine at Norwalk, but dont get in the lane next to those E heads.
What about the Marcella Tiger intake, I still own it. Not that I need to tell you, but I let john know that if no one buys my Gabby heads after tax time I will just have him finish the intake. Run them myself before I give them away. I can always run the intake on a HP engine down the road. Dave can get big numbers out of any head. Tiger on top, great.
Now this 10.0 deal. Your car, I would not think twice about cutting it up to go fast. A real 69 GTO, that is just dumb these days. If I can make it legal for 8.50 and run some 9s, OK. But when I am old I want to street drive it, take the cage out. All I can do localy is bracket race.
Whats this "keyboard" race stuff. Race every year but one the past 15. Going on 50 trophies. You might call it zero results, but other people would say different.
Race season starts next month.
Hope your cubed Tigers run better.
BTW, Bruce did tell me that. He wants to take a crack at me, he gets what he gets. Dont align yourself with the circle, I still have hope.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Wait, wait, you went there. Myself, you know why I could not do the aftermarket block build. Can not spend big bucks on a real engine and roof my house the same year. Have some roof damage it seems. Sometimes life gets in the way of fun.
But dont worry, I still have much of what I need to make a 900HP pump gas engine. You being a tool one second and sometimes cool guy is a reason I would like to beat your 889HP. Whatever the reason, competition is good right ?
Money for finishing the HPs is not a issue right now. Waiting for SD to finish. If things dont get done soon I will send then to Dave and he will do them. Already agreed to do them.
But money was a problem just a couple years ago. I had 3 mills close in a row that I worked at. I am a millwright/welder/fabricator. Back to that life getting in the way of fun thing.
But I would not run my mouth if I were you. To my understanding your fancy Barton High Port engine got beat by how many lowly E head engine, like weight cars. KK when he was NA, The great Mike Leech(RIP) and I believe my actual E heads. Bet Jack ran faster on NA run with NO2 cam. Baily ran faster too. Dont think Barton was the problem. Maybe you could not do his work justice. You might have been top High Port engine at Norwalk, but dont get in the lane next to those E heads.
What about the Marcella Tiger intake, I still own it. Not that I need to tell you, but I let john know that if no one buys my Gabby heads after tax time I will just have him finish the intake. Run them myself before I give them away. I can always run the intake on a HP engine down the road. Dave can get big numbers out of any head. Tiger on top, great.
Now this 10.0 deal. Your car, I would not think twice about cutting it up to go fast. A real 69 GTO, that is just dumb these days. If I can make it legal for 8.50 and run some 9s, OK. But when I am old I want to street drive it, take the cage out. All I can do localy is bracket race.
Whats this "keyboard" race stuff. Race every year but one the past 15. Going on 50 trophies. You might call it zero results, but other people would say different.
BTW, Bruce did tell me that. He wants to take a crack at me, he gets what he gets. Dont align yourself with the circle, I still have hope.
So what did I tell you about Brian?

Old 03-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I agree my car is slow. But i don't talk crap for yrs about what im going to do. I tried and every yr i was at Norwalk no car with e-heads or HP heads or a single carb intake out qualified me. So im happy with that.

Last edited by slowbird; 03-20-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
I agree my car is slow. But i don't talk crap for yrs about what im going to do. I tried and every yr i was at Norwalk no car with e-heads or HP heads or a single carb intake out qualified me. So im happy with that.
Yeah. I agree. You are slow! You hear what everybody else is doing ( in their dreams) you don’t have a chance. Haha 😆

Brian

Boobs & bacon
Old 03-20-2018, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thought I was the slow one.

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
Old 03-20-2018, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OMG....is Chief gonna run a CV head or not?

Old 03-20-2018, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Spring is here.....it’s snowing outside....Racing season seems a long way away.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 03-20-2018, 08:24 PM

WOW!!!!! I m with ya Pon Jon. Last I heard was someone here posted a yellow bullet thread where Chief was saying the motor was underway and soon testing would start. That may have been a year ago now. I don t know his home situation its obvious he and his wife have split. I assume that probably put the skids on the project. To bad if so, I was really excited about it for him. Seems everybody is copy catting his setup. He needs that edge again.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Type :
Type popcorn
Type :
( No spaces between colins or letters)
:
opcorn
:

Thanks Bruce, I don't think I did it right??

Old 03-20-2018, 08:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Spring is here.....it’s snowing outside....Racing season seems a long way away.
Yeah the weather sucks! It was 9* here the other morning. It should be 50*. Just talked to Brian H. He said you guys are getting an a$$pile of snow!!

Brian

Boobs & bacon