Old 11-08-2022, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default want to redo the seam sealer in my trunk area

hi guys
want to redo my seam sealer in the trunk area, i took some of it of and i can see that some moister got in. Which type is the closet to factory and what is the best method to apply it

Old 11-08-2022, 09:14 PM
Senior Chief

Factory seam sealers absorbed moisture, so you are on the right track to get that stuff out of there. If you have 3m applicator gun or sililar the 3m 8308 epoxy seam sealer is the best 2k product I know of and it's sandable, so you can use it on exterior joints also. If you want a 1k standard caulk gun type, 3M Ultra Pro is very good. There are tons of good products available, I just happen to have long history with these 2. I would apply these over epoxy primer.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoovDaddy View Post
Factory seam sealers absorbed moisture, so you are on the right track to get that stuff out of there. If you have 3m applicator gun or sililar the 3m 8308 epoxy seam sealer is the best 2k product I know of and it's sandable, so you can use it on exterior joints also. If you want a 1k standard caulk gun type, 3M Ultra Pro is very good. There are tons of good products available, I just happen to have long history with these 2. I would apply these over epoxy primer.

my car is a 72 and the factory type on the car does not seem to be the "gummy" type but more like the putty that they used back in the day for glass window panes .it comes off fairly easy will try to post a photo

Old 11-09-2022, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Better clean and neutralize the rust or moisture under it before using new seam sealer.