National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 06-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
I thought I explained it pretty well; I really don't know how to explain it any better. Maybe someone else does.
Jerry pretty much hit the nail on the head..... What do you think would happen if you just pulled up to your local grocery store, set up a bunch of tables, to sell whatever junk you have to sell????
That grocery store is not public owned property.
What if you did the same thing in a public park????
Please explain to everyone one what YOU think would happen.
Rich, You have no clue of what goes in to putting on one of these conventions and the expenses/risk involved.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Suspended

Trying to figure out is why your changing the question & answers around???First off Pontiac evants only (as stated) secondly never seen junk being sold at Pontiac evants, those are your words, thirdly im in & out , i don,t need anybodys help with anything at all was my no.1 point!! My only question still is subsidize me how??? I find the place, i set-up at the place, i go home from the place each nite. That was my only point.Lastly , you are correct, Club rents the buildings not me, i don,t go in any of them.Thats the clubs thing not mine.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser View Post
Trying to figure out is why your changing the question & answers around???First off Pontiac evants only (as stated) secondly never seen junk being sold at Pontiac evants, those are your words, thirdly im in & out , i don,t need anybodys help with anything at all was my no.1 point!! My only question still is subsidize me how??? I find the place, i set-up at the place, i go home from the place each nite. That was my only point.
"junk" is a slang word for your parts or whatever your selling, rather if its top notch chit or truly junk...
And if that "place" is an organized event that cost money to put on or an event that is for profit (ie. Carlise), they don't have the right to charge you or anyone else a fee to "set-up" and sell your personal items for profit without collecting a small fee??? And if your a member of whatever organization is sponsoring, you shouldn't get a discount if they are offering one compared to any Joe-blow who isn't?

What if a church is having a charity rummage sale and they want to charge you $20 to set up a table to sell your junk, with all the money collected going back to the church, is that wrong? And if your a parish member who regular donates time and money to the church, you only have to pay $10 to sell. Is that wrong also??? Love to hear your explanation on this.
Don't even get me started on subsidies...

Old 06-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis kirban View Post
Kirban thoughts as it has been pointed out whatever club puts on an event has huge expenses I belong to several clubs for one it cost over $75 a spot these places have expenses that you may not see such as insurance plus gamble on having good weather

National events are not money making machines for clubs...

denniskirban@yahoo.com
You can say that again. Basically the national club shows up while the local club breaks even. The expenses to host these shows are much bigger than most people know about. If you pay $100 for an entry fee to a national show, thats a bargain based on all the work and money thats gone into putting it all together. And the fact that these national shows travel form state to state each year doesn't help keep the expenses down. They have to reinvent the wheel each year based on manpower and resources.

When we did POCI in 2012, it was completely different than doing our own regular show and took two years to plan.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:10 PM

Default Convention Response

To clear up one point, the $60 that you were asked to pay was a Convention Registration Fee, not a membership fee for the GTOAA. The only people required to be GTOAA members are registrants showing GTOs. Registered vendors benefit from a very nice venue, a 5-day event, insurance coverage, and hundreds of potential customers already gathered for you. You will have to decide if that is worth the cost of registration and vendor space(s). We hope to see you in Pittsburgh.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Suspended

Boy am i glad this conversation is over with!!! Wow!! at least i know i am getting the same stuff all the other swapmeets are giving me for a 25.00$ fee. Im done!!! Have fun & enjoy the show!!!

Old 06-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are A LOT of old car people I know that have a huge problem with local shows that charge $5 or $10 for entering their cars and $25 for swap space. I don't agree with their point of view, but they're certainly entitled to it. As some have pointed out on this thread, putting on a car show is a lot of work and costs the sponsoring club. Vendors, especially, should pay a fair fee for the opportunity to present their items to interested clientele. The requirement to join our national club plus pay a vendor's fee is something worthy of discussion, however.

Couldn't make it to Pittsburgh this year. Does anyone have word on where the GTOAA Convention will be in 2015?

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 06-26-2014, 10:21 PM

Again, there is no requirement for a vendor to join the GTOAA to attend the convention. There is a registration fee for the convention that everyone attending pays and then there would be the fees for the vendor spaces on top of that. I understand that there are those that question why a vendor needs to register for the convention. Since we are days away from the start of the 2014 convention, that topic can be debated with the host city for the 2015 convention once that is announced. Thank you to everyone who took the time to post an opinion on this topic.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:23 PM

I have a few questions. Forgive me if they have been answered. I would like to bring the family down on Friday for the event. I am not a GTOAA member and I read in a previous post you do not need to be a member to look at cars. Is there an admission fee into the convention center to look at cars? Do I have to be a GTOAA member or a pay a fee to cruise thru the swap meet area? Pretty much all I want to do is look at nice Pontiacs and hopefully buy some needed parts, just trying to get an idea on expenses if I bring the clan with me. Oh. . . I also read there will be fireworks. Are they at the convention center or are these just the city of Pittsburgh's fireworks? Thank you.

1970 Buick GS Stage 1...12.17@109+
Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM
PY VIP

Kirban update:

I am all packed for my seminar. I will have a free DVD as long as supply lasts for those that attend my seminar which is Wednesday 3 til 4 :15 at the convention center. Will have some unique items to show and some deals on some close out items we have.

So hope to see many of you there if nothing else you can get out of the afternoon heat
and I will do my best to keep it interesting.

Drive safe....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I will have a flyer showing a 1999 Firebird 6 cylinder hardtop I have for sale that is super clean. Manual transmission. Car is stock.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70staged1 View Post
I have a few questions. Forgive me if they have been answered. I would like to bring the family down on Friday for the event. I am not a GTOAA member and I read in a previous post you do not need to be a member to look at cars. Is there an admission fee into the convention center to look at cars? Do I have to be a GTOAA member or a pay a fee to cruise thru the swap meet area? Pretty much all I want to do is look at nice Pontiacs and hopefully buy some needed parts, just trying to get an idea on expenses if I bring the clan with me. Oh. . . I also read there will be fireworks. Are they at the convention center or are these just the city of Pittsburgh's fireworks? Thank you.
Anyone can look at the Popular Vote cars in the outside parking lot and also visit the outside vendors. There is a $5 per person fee to go inside the Convention Center. Inside is where the Concours cars will be as well as VIPs, some inside vendors, etc. The fireworks are put on by Monroeville for the 4th of July. We will be able to see them from the convention center.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looking forward to your seminar Dennis. Any of you guys/girls interested in 50-60's oldies music. WKFB AM 770. 7-12pm,5-9 daily locally. Also weekends WLSW 103.9 FM. Play the oldies you do not hear on regular radio.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:00 AM

MLouttit68GTO,

Thank you for the info. Looks like I'll be there Friday.

1970 Buick GS Stage 1...12.17@109+
Old 07-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Has anyone posted a link to a schedule of events for the Nationals? I checked the GTOAA site for the nationals and they say is coming still. With it now here I wondered if there was one post somewhere else.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Has anyone posted a link to a schedule of events for the Nationals? I checked the GTOAA site for the nationals and they say is coming still. With it now here I wondered if there was one post somewhere else.
Is this what you are looking for?
http://greaterpghgto.com/assets/Docu..._of_Events.pdf

Steve

Old 07-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Suspended

Just got home from the Nationals,Cars where great!! Vendors first class. Congrats. Pitts. first hand job.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser View Post
Just got home from the Nationals,Cars where great!! Vendors first class. Congrats. Pitts. first hand job.
...and congratulations on your first hand job.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You couldn't resist could you Mitch?

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 07-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by comanchefirebird View Post
Is this what you are looking for?
http://greaterpghgto.com/assets/Docu..._of_Events.pdf

Steve
Yes that's it. Thanks

Old 07-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmanmitch View Post
...and congratulations on your first hand job.
ROFL. Great seeing you there Mitch and meeting Denise.

I might make Norwalk this year. Gotta discuss with the wife.

Saw some other friendly faces there too yesterday. Some really beautiful cars were there as well. The Pittsburgh GTO club put on a nice show.

1966 GTO Montero Red Hardtop - Holley EFI'd 462, KRE DPorts/Muncie 4spd
1990 Chevy 454SS pickup - Accel DFI/T56 6spd - Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
1996 Chevy K2500 ECSB 'Poopy'
2002 Honda VTX1800C
2016 Cadillac CTS Premium

My project thread: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=516826