National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 12-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Senior Chief

Default ALL GM NATIONALS 2014: GTO CELEBRATION

2014 All GM Nationals at Carlisle Fairgrounds;

Holiday sale on Admission. Save 20% on your pre-registration until January 3 2014.

Come out and celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the GTO. SVGTO is working with GM Carlisle as we salute the birth of the ORIGINAL MUSCLE CAR.

When registering for this event, please list Susquehanna Valley GTO as your club affiliation. Ask your friends to list us as well even if they're not club members you don't need to be a club member to register under our name. We'd GR!RRReatly appreciate it.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...x?detailid=479

Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question just curious...

are THEY going to insist on you having your PHS?

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Senior Chief

Nooooo

It used to be popular vote show, people complained, so they went to a Judged format, open trunk etc.... never PHS..... then last year they went back to popular vote and people really raised hell. I don't know what format they will be using this year. I will be meeting with them in January to go over VIP involvement and other finalized plans, I will ask then on the voting format but PHS has never been required.

Milt Schornack called me again the other day, Milt will be bringing his brown and gold '69 R/A V, he's trying to get the very first '64 Bobcat ever built there its in California now, he's trying to get the last '64 ever built there as well. Also he is trying to get his '69 Blue and Turquoise Bobcat there as well. Bill Collins will be there and still trying to get Russ Gee. GM does have a budget...... I talked to Tim Dye and he wants to bring a '64. I made all the contacts its now in the hands of Carlisle to ink em.

The Bandit Run is also being worked on to get there..... The original Monkeemobile used in the show will be there, not the reproduction one.

There will be a designated building dedicated to a display of GTOs. Still working on securing VIPs...... I had all the Pontiac VIPS verbally committed to attend this but then POCI changed their National event to this date and conflicts of interest resulted.....

Once more plans are solidified I will announce. This event will be advertised in The Legend as well as HPP. Carlisle is still working on this......

Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Senior Chief

GTO Judge: how many cars do they usually get at the GM Nationals?

Old 01-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Senior Chief

How many cars total or just Pontiacs?

Total cars? Attendance is not like it was I do not have the numbers for this but a guesstimate from last year? 1,000 give or take. Carlisle could answer that.

Pointiac? Few hundred + or -

We are working with Carlisle for this year on the Salute to the GTO. We just had a meeting with them this past Sunday. Emphasis is on the GTO and we are hoping to see MANY. I am awaiting info I can use to promote before I begin announcing what is happening.

I can tell you Bill Collins and Milt Schornack will be there and is excited. I know for sure his '69 R/A V bobcat will be there and he told me he wants to get others. I will be confirming with him what he's bringing. The original Monkeemobile from the TV series will be there. We had hoped to have Arnie Beswick there but due to the uncertainty of the race track he's not coming. He will be at POCIs event. 2 round table seminars will be held. If anyone has questions on anything these guys can answer them.

Building Y will be dedicated to everything GTO. All GTOs on display. Building T will also have GTO's in it but NOT dedicated to only the GTO.

High Performance Pontiac Magazine is working on having previous cars from their magazine there.

Some other things I cannot say at this time as its not confirmed. I will be announcing as I get confirmations.

New this year will be autocross.

If anyone ever thought on attending GM Carlisle, this would be the year.
If you register under Susquehanna Valley GTO we'd appreciate it.

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 01-14-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Senior Chief

So if your car is in building Y can you leave at night or does the car have to stay?

Old 01-14-2014, 11:27 PM

I would love to go to this. Just wish it wasn't so far away. Guess I'll stick with the Pontiac Southern Nationals here in Dallas. I'm curious if they will be doing something to commemorate the GTO this year.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Church View Post
So if your car is in building Y can you leave at night or does the car have to stay?
Typically, the car is to be there by that Thursday I believe it remains there until Sunday afternoon. Its all secured. You'd have to visit their website and find the form to fill out accordingly to submit for consideration. All cars will be picked from the pool.

Try this link here http://ceadmin08.serveronline.net/ceinvite/

BTW Just confirmed.

The Bandit Run will be there that weekend they will be using GM Carlisle as their launch point for their run to N. Carolina.

The recreation of Snowman's rig will be there with cop cars used in the film as well as over 100 cars mostly Trans-Ams.

There will be a screening of the movie Smokey & The Bandit the day and time TBA.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Will there be a GTO parking area so all GTOs can be together or just park wherever? I've been going to the Carlisle swap meets since the early 70s but never been to the GM Nationals. If I go I would like to park with other GTOs but not in the buildings.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Senior Chief

Its a judged show by pop vote by class. There will be cars inside displayed you have to apply to get into the pool. Inside is free for those chosen. Click the link in the post above. Carlisleevents.com for info.

They are going to have professionally judged cars. Concourse quality. A total of 50 cars of all GM cars. Those cars will be displayed separately and winners will receive special awards.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Carlisle is Fishing for a group, since the Camaros pulled out a couple years ago. just my option!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Senior Chief

We've been doing Carlisle for a long time. We've worked with Pontiac Enthusiasts Magazine growing the GTO presence there as well as Pontiac overall. When they went under we tried to get Amos Auto to keep it going they wanted nothing to do with Pontiac. We contacted Tom Demauro and invited in HPP, they now have gotten involved.

Fishing for a group? We continue to do our thing trying to get GTOs there. NO other GTOAA chapter wants involved. They did not lure us or trying to lure in GTOs to replace the Camaros. We partnered up with them this year to help put on a hell of a GTO event to celebrate the 50th year. Camaro group or not we're there every year keeping the spirit alive.

Wangers was a yearly staple there for quite a while until PE folded, we brought in the GeeTO tiger at our Club's expense and put on racing event while the Camaro group was still there. I'd hardly call that a Fishing expedition. We'll continue to promote the GTO there next year and years to follow, Camaro or no Camaro.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

well to me the HELL of a show would be at the PY show for the 50th ALL PONTIAC. not a run down Gm nationals that every other group gone away from. again my opinion

Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Buzz Killington I guess your out for the 2014 Carlisle All GM Nationals

Old 01-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare4k View Post
well to me the HELL of a show would be at the PY show for the 50th ALL PONTIAC. not a run down Gm nationals that every other group gone away from. again my opinion
For the record we don't work for Carlisle, we do this as a GTO people, I don't care who comes or not, we bring in GTOs.

We work the PY show too promoting the Eastern Regional, the Open House and growing the Pontiac presence there....... and have been cohosting it since the first one, IS THAT ok with you? If not tell Chris you object. That's my opinion. Some people whine about others efforts and reasons not to attend an event rather than get involved and help keep the spirit growing. I don't know what your problem is but I'm through with you.

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 01-17-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Senior Chief

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING 2014 GM CARLISLE

Just added and confirmed: Mr Russ Gee will be in attendance to help celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the GTO.

Russ Gee worked with John DeLorean and Bill Collins in the creation of the very first GTO ever produced.

Russ will join both Bill Collins and Milt Schornack in 2 one hour round table discussions on the Pontiac GTO.

Come on out and meet the FOUNDING FATHERS OF THE GTO: Russ Gee and Bill Collins

Follow this thread for further updates on this event as they become available.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ilt-schornack/

Old 02-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Senior Chief

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON 2014 ALL GM NATIONALS
BREAKING NEWS::::

The first ever GTO built will be on display at the All GM Nationals on June 20-22 at the All GM Nationals in Carlisle, PA.

This is the car that had the 389 removed and replaced with a 421 HO. Both Bill Collins and Russ Gee were responsible for this project.

This car is owned by Tenny Fairchild and is housed in California. It just recently went through a restoration. This first ever Pontiac GTO will be shipped in and will be on display for this special 50th Anniversary Celebration of the GTO.

This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the first GTO built, Bill Collins, and Russ Gee reunited 50 years later at the same time as they discuss the history of the first GTO.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Senior Chief

Press Release coming from GM Carlisle on the First GTO produced that will be on display June 20-22, 2014.

The Pontiac GTO is often credited with being the car that jumpstarted the Muscle Car Era, and the ’64 we now have slated to attend could be argued as literally the individual vehicle to get things in motion.

This GTO was the car used in the legendary Car and Driver “GTO vs GTO” article in 1964, in which a ’64 Pontiac GTO was to face off against Ferrari’s GTO. What makes this car unique is not only the fact that it was used in this test, but that it was a “cheater” car equipped with a 421 engine – not a normal engine option for the GTO. The 421 and 389 looked incredibly similar and were hard to distinguish from one another, something that Pontiac realized early on.

In fact, this is the only GTO known to exist that is factory equipped with a 421. Pontiac’s team wanted to make sure the GTO gave a favorable impression in the acceleration comparison against the Ferrari, so this specific car was built to make that test lean a bit more in their favor. Although this is not the first GTO ever produced, it is certainly a very low production number in the lineup of cars and also one with a very unique history.

This specific car’s performance helped propel it to the legendary status the GTO holds today. The secret engine swap for the Car and Driver test was not confirmed until Pontiac advertising guru Jim Wangers revealed it in his book “Glory Days” in 1998. Hot Rod Magazine even went so far as to name this particular car as the #3 most influential hot rod in history, with first and second place belonging to the “American Graffiti” ’32 Ford and the General Lee Charger. “The Ringer GTO,” as many have called it, is one of the most important cars produced by an American car company and will be featured during the entire weekend at the GM Nationals.

* This car has been meticulously restored by Scott Tiemann of Super Car Specialties. Scott will also be on hand at this event.

The car is being generously provided by Mr. Tenney Fairchild, the GTO’s current owner. Photo courtesy of David Newhardt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	First GTO 421.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	353627

Old 02-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This show sounds better and better everytime you post an update.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks..... Lots of things that were in the works that I did not want to post until all was confirmed. Was waiting on Russ and Scott to get contracts returned and they were. There is such an overwhelming response to the Invitational indoor space is at a premium. Scott Tiemann being there is just another added bonus.

With the addition of the first '64 now confirmed, Milt will not be bringing his '64 as originally planned. He graciously gave that spot to this car. He will still be bring the '69 R/A V. He's really excited to be coming.