National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 07-29-2014, 12:09 PM

Okay, so I want to bring a dish to share. My specialty is hot and spicy chip dips. They can be a cold type - freshly made salsa or cream cheese mixture with fresh hot peppers - or a hot type bean/cheese/chorizo.
Would there be room on a grill to heat up the hot cheese dip or should I stick to a cold dip and figure out a way to keep it cool (I was thinking of placing the bowl of dip on a larger bowl of ice).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Oh yeah, when I say it's hot - IT'S HOT. I don't mess around with medium/bland stuff.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We're gonna need a bigger grill!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-30-2014, 05:03 AM
Senior Chief

Cerebrus, the grill as usually fairly full. If you want to do a hot dip, you could use a crock pot and extension cord. This would stay hot longer.

Let go of pain, give faith the reins; and let that pony run.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:31 AM

I'll bring the dips in a foil pan that can go on a grill, but if there is a crock pot available, I surely will use it. Bought all the ingredients last night, looking forward to the event!Thanks!

Cliff

Old 07-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Senior Chief

CCass, I have three large foil pans (10x20?) complete with racks and one lonely sterno leftover from Jessica's graduation. One lid, numerous half pans, all is loaded and ready to head your way.

Also have chocolate chip cookie bars, Rice Krispy treats, and a huge pasta salad with fresh tomatoes and peppers from the garden. Packing more food; we'll have to see what's available after Linder's Lot lunch. Oh, and 2 homemade blueberry pies.