Old 04-22-2024, 01:50 PM

Default Quarter Window Seal

I am putting my 70 LeMans back together and looking at the quarter window trying to remember how the outside window felt/seal at the bottom meets the roof rail seal at the top and how its supposed to look. Can anyone share a photo of the junction here?

The outside window felt/seal wrinkles as it goes up the body at the back of the window and I don't remember the original doing this. Do they all do this or did I get a set of badly made seals?

Old 04-23-2024, 07:56 PM
Senior Chief

I don't have any pictures for you, but there is a thread or 2 on how the outer repo fuzzie's fit. They say about what you say. I kept the originals on my 70 GTO and they fit the repro quarters decent when I mocked them up to drill holes. Best bet is to look for good used or hard to find and hi dollar nos. Good luck.

Old 04-25-2024, 12:17 PM
Senior Chief

https://www.amesperf.com/parts/searc...ts/?term=j142k

`70 GTO, 370 hp, 3:90, TH400.