Old 11-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How much action does one post need to get its own thread?

Old 11-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"70-73 Firebird & T/A Tech".
What else do WE need? There is plenty of talk about SD's here.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Senior Chief

I like that new registry. It's fun searching for different combinations of options, etc. Seems like a nicely setup page.

Carl

Old 11-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl S
I like that new registry. It's fun searching for different combinations of options, etc. Seems like a nicely setup page.

Carl
I agree, took a quick look at it. Can we go in and update or correct data on our SD,s? Who is running the registry now?

Old 11-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Senior Chief

It appears to be "johnta1" on the previous page of this thread.

Carl

Old 11-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What is all your problems with the SD . It's just a Firebird with an X-engine. If your rich enough for an SD, go get your own country or island! Are you trying to swap wifes? SD's are Rare. Do you want to be connected to NASA now?

If not , shut the f*** up and stand tall as a Firebird owner. Protect your country and feel good about owning this rare vehicle. If not it will end up in Iran. Why do the rich always pick on us poor guys? You always ask us for answers. Be glad you got a SD bird. Please. It makes us all study. Someone like Mr. Witzke might dig something up. Sometimes Pontiac owners act like the tourque their motors put out. They get a little squirrley. Keep it under a hundred!

Last edited by greyno3; 11-09-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyno3
What is all your problems with the SD . It's just a Firebird with an X-engine. If your rich enough for an SD, go get your own country or island! Are you trying to swap wifes? SD's are Rare. Do you want to be connected to NASA now?

If not , shut the f*** up and stand tall as a Firebird owner. Protect your country and feel good about owning this rare vehicle. If not it will end up in Iran. Why do the rich always pick on us poor guys? You always ask us for answers. Be glad you got a SD bird. Please. It makes us all study. Someone like Mr. Witzke might dig something up. Sometimes Pontiac owners act like the tourque their motors put out. They get a little squirrley. Keep it under a hundred!

You know, it's fine that you disagree with some others, but you don't need to be so nasty about it. Clean up your arguments and innuendos and you'd have a better point to make. And not all of us SD owners are rich snobs. Most are regular folk just like you. I bought my SD in 99 while working at a $35k/ year job, so don't give me this rich-man's thing. Some of us were just fortunate enough to find one and buy before the price explosion. My purchase happened to be pure luck. I had no idea at the time that I bought the car how unique an SD was; I just knew that it was rare and would have a better chance of at least maintaining its value.

I agree that there is good technical discussion in the existing thread that we ALL can benefit from, coming from both SD and non-SD owners. If there were an SD-only tech area, would I frequent it? Yes. There are enough unique things, including development history, about the SD besides the "X" that I love learning anything that I can. If there's not an SD-only area ever formed, will I abandon this area where most of you other filthy maggots (this is a joke) hang out? No. I find the same interest in learning the little technical and historical tidbits about all Firebirds of this era as well as things about the SD.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep....aquired my SD in '99 as well.
I basically traded a '70SS396 Chevelle that I had owned for nearly 20yrs. It was nice car that won an "Editors Choice" award from Super Chevy Magazine.
Anyway, I knew the SD would escalate in value over the Chevy, plus i had been looking for an SD for quite a few years so to answer the question about "rich guys", no........I'm a guy who happened to luck out on a sweet deal before the "boom".

Old 11-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey, and I want a 72 T/A, black interiror, 4 speed with air forum...oh and only for the white cars, not for those oh-so-common blue ones. Just kidding. I browse all the forums here, the more the merrier! ;-)

Old 11-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve
Hey, and I want a 72 T/A, black interiror, 4 speed with air forum...oh and only for the white cars, not for those oh-so-common blue ones. Just kidding. I browse all the forums here, the more the merrier! ;-)
Well said, Steve!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 11-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeap,
I bought my first 4-5 years ago (before the boom),and the second pretty recently. The second one brought my margin of profit down to a flat, but either I cant complain cause I love these cars. I was lucky with timing and have tons of friends who enjoy their sd's because of the car.
Either way they'll be here when were all six feet under so enjoy what you can when you can.
Brew

Last edited by Brewster; 11-10-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rich guys? I bought this 20 years ago and guess what I paid for it? Less than what I bought my 72 TA project car for back in 2004. It is one of one produced out of a total run of 15 (426Hemi 4 speed R/T-SE Charger in FE5 red) and had 12,000 miles on it at the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chargerfront1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	71263  

Old 11-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brew:

What about Sean and Evans? Don't you consider them your friends also that enjoy their SD's. There are plenty of friends to go around besides rwinkles and myself. LOL

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 11-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bought my 74 SD in 1993 for $4000.00.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok Bob, I cleaned her up a bit.
Sorry!
Yea, Yea, Yea, thats right!

Last edited by Brewster; 11-10-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Senior Chief

I don't own one, but I have driven a few, including in an autocross.
Does that rate?
Oh ya, I have owned some NOS SD parts too. But I sold them.
Yet I still read about these cars.
I don't care either way.

George

Old 11-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I read this thread even though I'll never own an SD..... I can drool and secretly despise all you rich owners I personally am glad it has hit a "super collectible" level and value, because it will insure the remaining ones are preserved and not modified, and the basket ones will be ressurected..... They are a special piece of Poncho history and one that shouldn't have even happened!

Old 11-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Senior Chief

I often read the "Judge" stuff, and I've never owned one, likely never will.....

I read about W30's, Z16's, Stage 1's, and a lot of other muscle. Likely won't ever own any of them either. I go to the Supercar forum and read there. Same thing, out of reach.

Point being, I still enjoy it. If any of them have an attitude and I don't like it, I can leave. I don't have to read it. But I gain nothing by going on a rant about them being rich.

Carl

Old 11-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just because you have one (or more) dose not make you rich. If you are rich and don’t have one it will be a long search to find a good one.

I got lucky as well with my SD, got it right at the beginning of the “Boom”, and it is my favorite car. Wish I could get another at a fair price.

The SD Formula on Ebay looks like a decent car that has been restored with some additions, but it’s not as it was in 73.
Don’t get me wrong, this is a very highly optioned formula SD, kind of cool I’d say, very rare for sure.

I do question the vacuum cruse control however. I have never seen one of these on an early F body, but one never knows everything.
I also happen to have a 72 442 W30 Post coupe (1 of 19) with this option and it uses a large diaphragm to “pull” on the carb linkage to control speed.
It is mounted on the left hand front of the intake manifold and is hard to miss. I wonder how this setup is tied in to the carb linkage as the shaker would
Probably interfere with the set up that I have on my Olds. I guess my question is; dose it actually function, where is the diaphram?
Did any one notice the extra knob on the left hand side of the dash just below the headlight switch?
Is that the cruse control dial?? In my car the cruse is on the turn signal stalk and a switch on the dash to activate it, but it’s an Olds A body.

Oh, one more thing: Brewster, are you editing your posts again so you don’t disrespect your other SD buddies? <Grin>

SDD

Last edited by Super Duty D; 11-11-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nope, just a spelling error.
I noticed you edited your post and was wondering if that was not to upset the Rich or the Poor?
Hope your ready for the hunt?

Last edited by Brewster; 11-12-2006 at 12:03 PM.