Old 10-25-2020, 04:41 AM
Senior Chief

Default 69 firebird radiator

Not mine, but my good mate is doing his head in trying to find what he wants , his research says no Camaro or big block Pontiac radiator retailers.

Wants and needs a large liquid capacity radiator , because of high temperature and humidity of Brisbane (maybe same as Florida).
700 hp from an all alloy Pontiac block.
Has an electric water pump.
He is hopeful for a bolt in , 4 core radiator with 2 thermo fans ready to go , or just some good advice this Pontiac community is famous for..
Thanks in advance.
John L.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Old 10-25-2020, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If places like Griffin or BeCool are something he is not willing to use or try, then one option that might be worth a call is Ron Davis

http://www.rondavisradiators.com

He builds custom units for anything. Pretty much all of the desert racers out here in Arizona/Nevada use him for their off road trucks and buggies. Has a very good reputation around here.

On a side note, I've also used Cold Case on a few cars of my own with excellent results. One being a 571ci Pontiac making 724 HP. It's cooling perfectly in the desert heat with the stock shroud and clutch fan, never sees over 175 degrees with ambients well over 100. Keeping in mind it's an A body with a larger core than a 1st gen F body to start with. I do also run one in our 1st gen Fbody, although not making big HP.

Hope that helps.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 10-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'll probably get flamed for this but I just replaced a 10 year old no name aluminum rad
in my 1977 T/A with a 3 row Champion. I'm in Vegas so temps were still constantly
above 100 and the coolant temps never got above 185 in traffic still using the factory
shroud and clutch fan. Very happy so far.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I run the 12 row C&R radiator with their upgraded fan/shroud package and 30lb radiator cap, just bolts right in. Designed for 700HP+ and I also have a Meziere HD EWP. I have the EWP and fans on a PWM controller. I run a 180F high flow thermostat.

Long as he does all the other normal cooling stuff a 69 Firebird needs, that will be plenty of cooling there.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:00 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for all your responses, have passed the information on to my mate.
JL

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk