Old 08-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You mentioned you couldnt find the VIN on the block. If it is a Fremont plant car, the VIN could be much higher on the block, not where all the books show it.

My convert is Sierra Yellow too.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

OPH, this is the car I was mentioning. Is it the same as the one you looked at?

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...n/Garys70.html

Old 08-30-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Update-- wants too much for me

Well i was hoping Id be telling you all I have a Judge now......

but the owners keep upping the price on me, they started at 15K so I offered 6K.....then after I received PHS papers I offered 8K, they said they would go to 12.5K I left I then came back and offered them 10 and then the 12.5 , and now they want to raise the price on me ......so I am out .

Im not sure what they will sell it for or even if they will now...........what a jack***.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Finders fee option

Someone mentioned a finders fee option if somenone on here is interested, i may explore that option or I may hold out and wait to see if she changes her mind on me......

Old 08-30-2005, 04:18 PM

Well that sucks that they're backpeddling on you. I wonder if someone else has seen the car and is trying to buy it?

Old 08-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Senior Chief

Hey, customizeit I sent you a message

Old 08-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Customizeit, sent you a PM. Thanks

Old 08-30-2005, 06:26 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

I'm not interested in buying the car, but would love to see a pic of it. Is that possible?

Old 08-30-2005, 08:38 PM

Default "2 more weeks"

I went to see them again tonight and the owners say they want two more weeks to decide.. I am attaching a pic of the car and would love for anyone who knows to give me a better idea of its value. Thanks in advance.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front.JPG
Views:	743
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	25919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lside.JPG
Views:	783
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	25920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rside.JPG
Views:	869
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	25921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear.JPG
Views:	738
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	25922   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.JPG
Views:	855
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	25923  

Old 08-30-2005, 08:55 PM
formerly Steved400

I like it!!!

Since it is a Judge and seems fairly untouched (as in original), I'd say it stands a good chance of being worth their hold out price. Especially!!! if the pans aren't rusted to nothing.

I really got a kick out of upper radiator hose clamp, the car has a good feel about it.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Steve

Old 08-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Shane:
Based off of their current restored value and a few assumptions:
1) PHS documentation
2) Correct Drivetrian
3) Frame is solid. (Looks to have very little body thru damage)

I’d say 35 to 40K in that condition.
Could be higher if it was put on Ebay and enough interest is generated.

Brian

Old 08-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well Shane, I was hoping you would be the owner of the car now, too.

The pictures are incredible, I'm kind of flipping out over here. Many many moons ago I lived in a mobile home park that backed up to some railroad tracks. Never found anything like that car near the tracks though. Usually just old rusty Fords and wrecked Chevys.

I expected the car to look MUCH worse. My heart goes out to you, in 2 weeks a lot of things can happen with a newly acquired 1970 Judge Convertible that is intended to be sold. In 2 weeks you can blown so far out of the picture you won't even want to think about this ever again. 15k is good for that car Shane. Maybe they are waiting on the title first, could be a complication with it or the way they acquired the car ?? I expected MUCH worse than I see.

The car looks to be un-touched as original and you said it still has the WS engine and 4 speed, Ram Air pans are even still in place. Gotta tell you I'm really digging the car you found. If they advertise it right, you are a goner.

Cleaned up a little, with air in the tires and moved to a better spot - up for auction with a detailed description of the drivetrain pieces and part numbers and a copy of PHS would push the car to around 2 or 3 times more than you have offered AS-IS. Man, that is one HE|| of a find with the original drivetrain, the body/interior condition is sort of secondary really.

Shane, how familiar are you with GTO's and how did you find out about this car ? Are you trying to get it as a keeper ? I don't need the car, I have too many already. But I don't mind helping you try to get it. I am in North Carolina and would like to come see car after you buy it. NOW GO GET IT MAN

Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Shane,
Even if you had to borrow the money from the bank you had better buy that thing now! Like BVZ says you could easily double if not triple your money if you decide to not keep it.

Most of us can relate to the rust scale falling off of the bottom of the hood & laying on top of the core support! My 70 had that option also!

Good luck with getting her!
Steve

Old 08-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Do they live in the 'wobbly box' (trailer) next to the car? I'm betting they're going to try to watch ebay to get an idea on how much it's worth. In the mean time some slick dealer might try to snag it too. A title issue was my thought too.

I'd trade you a manual trans '70 RA III Judge with original motor--totally complete, running driving car for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small4.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	25958  

Last edited by PonchoV8; 08-30-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Title

The title is not the issue here.........I have seen their clear original title in their name

My intention was to get this car and restore it to keep but at these prices who knows...........I just cant come up with that much money........but still working on it......guess I can sell my $150K house and move to that trailer park....lol

Ill keep you all up to date.............wish me luck...........

Old 08-30-2005, 11:57 PM
formerly Steved400

Sell your women, then the house.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

DON'T let this one be the one that you say "I shoulda' bought that car". An excellent find at twice the price!

Good luck!

Old 08-31-2005, 01:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to LibertyBlueJudge69

Grab it!!!!!! get a loan! see a loan shark! Rob a bank!! just buy it!! id kill for a judge convertible. its a no lose situation, as long as its a true judge, u cant lose money. not in this market anyway.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking That Ain't a Basket Case Car Shane

Hey Shane, I forgot to tell you after you posted the pictures, that car ain't quite a basket caser. This 70 Hardtop is a basket or maybe even a casket.

70 Judge Casket Basket

If you have a good enough woman to sell for enough to buy the car - sell her quick. You can buy another one later, maybe get a better deal on a newer model even. ... i dunno you might end up with a fat divorcee who already has 3 kids of her own. Be careful.

Sell your house and move into the trailer park or maybe another mobile home park not so close to the RxR tracks. LoL . Sell the house and live in a rental storage unit - one for you, one for car ?

To be honest, I lived in the mobile home park I mentioned earlier by the railroad tracks for about 8 or 9 years back in my youth and thats how I had money saved all the time to buy all the cars I have and have had. I owned the trailer and rented the lot. I'd almost go back and live there some more for the Jvert you found. 1 of about 150 +/- Jverts built in 70. (maybe someone will post the actual number, it's documented)

All the Luck in the World to you Shane.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:56 AM

Wonder where the spoiler went?