Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM

Default 98' GP fuel pump issue

Has a 3100 v6 Car ran fine a couple weeks ago and then the fuel pump started acting up. I hit the tank with a rubber mallet and it kicked on again.

350 bucks later for a new Delphi unit and now the car will only hit, spits and sputters and act's like it's out of time. The firing order is 123456 and I've checked it numerous time's. Everything is ok.

The Ignition relay under the hood is buzzing like crazy and won't quit. Fuel pump is running and car hit's but won't start. The fuel pump won't quit running either unless I wiggle the relay box. I think I got a short somewhere, trouble is the car ran fine prior to me changing the fuel pump. I changed the fuel filter too (which was nasty)

I'm thinking I have a dirty injector or something.
Anyone have any ideas?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:29 PM

Found that a ground on the tranny bellhousing was off but touching due to me changing the engine a few weeks back. I forgot that since the fuel pump took a dump that I had taken one of the bellhousing bolts back out because I needed a stud and nut for the ground. I noticed I hadn't put it back yet. (got called up for supper) and forgot what I was doing. Hooked it up today and car fired right up.