Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 PM

Default My Poncho memories.

The first car memory I have is sitting in my old man's(R.I.P. Daddy) lap and steering his 65 2+2. I was young and short enough I couldn't reach the dimmer switch and I would hit the switch over and over trying to see the red Indian head go off or on! It burnt to the ground, great loss of a 421SD 4 speed. Then he bought mom(wink wink) a 70 SJ 455 GP. I remember it spun tires real good! Traded it in on a new73GP,ehh. Then in 1979 or 80 he bought the 67 GTO vert,4 speed, aquamarine with matching int and black top....oh my God. I was barely a teenager and was smitten. The first time he took me to school he purposely left out the far drive so he could...you guessed it, burn the tires off. I had a 74 Honda CB125(still have it) street bike and a black fellow had it at his shop and we stopped by there to check on it. His nephew was about 10 and I remember him walking around it several times and he just kept saying "MAN that car is bad!" I still have it today, needs resto and just sits under the carport. Still love that car! My eldest son has laid claim to it but he has a 69 Firebird I bought him as a roller and we are close to dropping the 400/2004r combo in. And his 9yo lil brother is car crazy too.
Just thought I'd throw my lil story on here. My Dad also had a 56 Starchief he traded in on the 65. We put a 400 Poncho in our 67 Chevy "farm truck" lol

Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Good story, Sounds like you and your family aways owned a Pontiac.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Yes we have lol. I got rid of my 77 Formula 400 4 speed but kept the YS 400 I swapped in it and it now resides in my sons 69 bird.