Old 04-27-2014, 11:20 PM

Default "Mexico" trip

Last summer coming back from a cruise with Utah Muscle Cars, I see a guy in a carousel red 69 GTO, I'm in my 06 and give him a small rev and a thumbs up. Well, we both get stopped at the next light first in line.. He throws a hard rev, I'm kinda worries as I see he has big ass M/T drag radials on it, I throw a rev back and light goes green and I bog. I ended up 2 cars back out of the hole due to that last minute quick rev. But I grabbed second and reel him in like he hit the brakes and spin shifting into third as I'm passing him. He asks me to pull over and we BS in a smiths parking lot for an hour.

Turns out he has a small cam 400 with an M20 and 12bolt with 4.11s. Gorgeous car though, he had no idea about the "new" GTOs and couldn't believe how fast it was, I didn't have the heart to lie and tell him it was stock as it was far from lol. I later seen him at a local dyno day and he put down 289/35X. He asked to see my sheet and didn't believe it was mine, 516/503. Way cool guy though, I bought him a beer afterwards and see him prowling the streets around the Jordan Landing area occasionally.

2012 Ram megacab 4x4 CTD