Old 10-29-2023, 11:06 AM

Default 69' Hideaway Switch Consensus ...

hi, all ...

car's original switch was, even after deep cleaning, binding in-out really badly so I grabbed one from Ames. theirs looks mostly the same but doesnt have that push button set up to lock shaft into assemble and a third of the time you turn headlight's on whole shaft comes out ... pretty hilarious.

anyway .. while I had nose off I rebuilt actuators, put new bushings in .. hoses are good. I sealed seals where they meet actuators but did not tie seal where shaft passes through it .. hope this isnt a deal breaker. seal, bound directly to shaft, seemed really stressed having to move that full distance.

after getting nose up there I tried headlight's but got no love ... when I checked hose connection at switch basically switch came apart in my hand. im about to go out there now and yank the thing off dash but was wondering if there's a consensus on repop switches or should I look for a clean OEM?

thanks,
mike
MA

Last edited by RAIIIJudge; 10-29-2023 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My switch drags as well when turning on/off. I took the switch apart, applied some lube to the rubber pc, and it still is no better. I was going to put a 12vdc valve in I found on Amazon for cheap and tap the headlight wire to control the valve but never got around to doing it, but I think it'd be a good fix if you're not worried about "correct"...

68 GTO
Old 10-29-2023, 01:13 PM

mis spoke re- lack of button-release on Ames repop switch: its there ... re-assembled switch
realized check valve was on backwards ... they'll open now but won't close
back to it ..

Old 10-29-2023, 03:19 PM

Oops .. didnt have supply line center at switch ..
They flip and flop : )
Onward upward
M